Roberts Upgrade!!! 45 to 150 Thread

That IS a tight fit.
Add a deep sand bed,some live rock,and some chaeto.
If you look around you may be able to find some.A lot of folks will send you plenty and only ask that you pay for the shipping.

That IS a tight fit.
Add a deep sand bed,some live rock,and some chaeto.
If you look around you may be able to find some.A lot of folks will send you plenty and only ask that you pay for the shipping.

Thanks Guys.I got the sand,liverock,All i need is some Chaeto and a small light.OHH when should you add the Chaeto?Before the the cycle during the cycle or after it?Does it matter?

Too much water in your sump now. The water level on your pump return side should be lower than your inlet skimmer side or there is no reason behind the partition. Nice PVC sump feed piping, but what is the vinyl all about? Doing good.

Yea.The water level has to be just right in the sump.Which means i have to top off the tank every 2-3 days.:frustrat:Too much water is no good.not enough water isnt good.I have the tubing on the skimmers water return for keeping the splash down.It dosent effect the skimmer one bit.It was a good 4 inches above the water line now its 1 inch.Much better.:D

Question about RO filter systems?Now i installed a shut off valve and float kit on my trash can.How long do i have to use the water?My understanding is bacteria will build up and ruin the water after a certain amount of time.I have a heater and power head in the can.Should i add any filtration or mix the salt in?Just to eliminate the bacteria?How many days do i have?Sorry if this seems like a stupid Question.

Keep light out and it should keep a long time.How long,dunno but I see no difference between the tank and keeping water in a storage container.

Sounds like your ready for an ATO system.Evaporation on large tanks is murder.

If you drop a small power head, Maxi Jet etc. into the container your water can go months. If your really worried about bacteria just use a little chlorine in your storage container and neutralize the chlorine the day before you use the water. I have kept the water for 2-3 months repeatedly with just a small power head running in it, no chlorine. Circulation and keep a lid on your container to exclude outside air and particles of who knows what out, and you will have fine water. The water however should not be considered drinking water!

Cool!!!:DYea i got a small powerhead in there.Im gonna build me a top off system.Just a pump in the can with PVC coming up though the floor,with a switch upstairs to keep topping off my tank.:Cheers:

Got some Live Rock today.Just picked up 10LBS for now.Help seed the old rock.Ill be picking some more up later.
Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

I also made my Refugium today.Still need to pick up my lights for it and Chaeto.Im gonna let it cycle first then add them.
Picture010.jpg

Picture007.jpg

mmm, there's nothing like the smell of new rock! congrats on the purchase.

Yeah,I still remember that smell after a year.As a matter of fact,my wife says that my next tank will have rock from the LFS instead so the whole house dont smell like a fish canning factory.

yote, when its time for the big tank build you will have to remind her that she said, and I quote "THE NEXT TANK" this would mean she will allow another tank build? right?

yote, when its time for the big tank build you will have to remind her that she said, and I quote "THE NEXT TANK" this would mean she will allow another tank build? right?

You got it my friend:mrgreen:
Either that or I'll find me another wife:mrgreen:

Back