Rwynn's 40g Reef Tank

Added a bag of Biff's Chaeto to the tank today! Thanks Biff!

Attachments

• chaeto.jpg
    chaeto.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 267
The first bag was leaking badly and the 2nd bag a little, but the 3rd and 4th bags stopped any leakage. That was pretty quick shipping from AZ too!

It looks great in my HOB filter/Fuge and hopefully my MH will be sufficient to grow it perfectly fine(it should get some good indirect light)

I'm glad I quadruple bagged them then. If your lights don't seem to be doing the trick, just get a cheap clamp-on shop light from Home Depot (around $5 to $10) and put in a regular household CFL (squiggly) bulb.

Thanks, I will. Hopefully for appearance sake it will do fine, the Chaeto is lit well enough by the MH that the light passes through it(it is 6'' away just not directly under it)

2 months after I added 4k tiger pods, and now that my fuge is going I am ready to give my final fish a go. This little guy(Kramer) completes the fish list.
(Jerry and Elaine the clowns, George the Goby, and Kramer the Mandarin(it is even a guy))

108_4556.JPG

Figured out how to take a little better macro shot of my zoa.

108_4597.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks! Found a macro setting on the camera, tomorrow I plan to take more than 1 photo! I think after the tank is running a new camera will be on the agenda...a DSLR of some type.

One of the Acan up close, tomorrow I'll get a better shot of the 2 new heads that are now fully formed and growing like mad.
108_4577.JPG

Thanks, I really hadn't notice pods crawling around any before, but now that I have the mandrine and it matters I have been watching closely, this morning when the lights came on, hundreds were on the back algae wall. So...I have good thoughts about his survival.

A better shot of the Mandarine, good news also, he was downing brine shrimp like it was going of out style! That should help keep him fat if he starts mowing through my pods too fast.

108_4626.JPG

Found a nice torch coral at the LFS in SA yesterday as well. Wife demands I pick it up when I get paid this coming week.

It was about 8 - 10'' long and 3-5'' wide and very vivid green. Is 69$ about the right price for that size? It is pretty big.

How many heads? Depending on the color, torches usually go for $10 to $20 a head. If it's 8" to 10" long, it sounds like it would consist of at least 3 or 4 heads.

I have no idea how you would tell a head from another..it looks like a large bible sized(best reference I have) mat of green flowing grass.

Ok, little update, it has been about a week since adding the mandarin, he is still going strong and getting fat! I saw a pod that had to be close to 1/2'' on the sand yesterday morning when the lights came on.

I fed them this morning and he ate as much or more brine shrimp than the clowns did. I have to cut the pumps for him to catch it tho, he really works hard to go so slow.

Nice addition! remember, though, that brine shrimp are like french fries... no nutrition at all. So it's best to move him to eating something more nutritious. Or feed your brine cultures vitamins and whatnot.

Back