Ryans Reef

Joe Ive been so disheartened by this tank for the last 9 monthes that its really been a struggle just to do the basic stuff to keep it going. For the last month or so I changed my lighting schedule big time and cut about 20 hours a week out of it. With that change my algae problem has really started to go away, its almost all gone!!!!!! WOOOOOOTTT!! Anyways, I have a ton of filter feeders of some sort growing all over my rock but it aint algae and it aint green! So Im excited again about my tank for the first time in months and am really looking forward to getting it looking good for once. Time to do things the right way. Im trying to retrain myself on proper husbandry and well see how it goes.

Glad you hear you have a new found energy Ryan. Reefing can certainly be filled with highs and lows! Got photos!!!??? :camera:

I think its safe to say,that 90% of us have been in that same situation with our tanks.
It's kinda the low point in the hobby.Then we'll start TRYIN to get the flame back,everything'll go right,and were off and running again:D

Ryan I know exactly how you feel! I can't tell you how many times I was so fed up with my 240 that I just wanted to throw the whole thing out. Sometimes taking a break from your tank is exactly what you need to get interested in it again.

Thanks for the support guys! I appreciate it, photos are going to be delayed one more day as I went to get the clowns a sticky new home(hopefully). Got a really nice RBTA with lots of green in the body. Its a local strain that is known to split very regularly and hopefully will be a source of reefing income. Grabbed a leather for this tank while I was in the city and also grabbed a rock full of clove polyps for the nano. Stay tuned.

As promised...

tankpics080.jpg

tankpics085.jpg

tankpics088.jpg

tankpics092.jpg

tankpics087.jpg

No pics of the new Rose Anenome until it decides to stop walking about, I also got a palau nepthea but I forgot to take a photo of it.

Thanks David, its really coming along a lot better as of late but its WAY down on livestock from last year. I can't tell you how good it feels to not be embarassed of it any more. Time for some new additions!

Thanks for the picture updates! I see that you took a picture of the kole tang even though hes a total bastard. I totally forgot you had a yellow tang. lookin good..... but where is the rbta?

Thanks for the picture updates! I see that you took a picture of the kole tang even though hes a total bastard. I totally forgot you had a yellow tang. lookin good..... but where is the rbta?

Yeah the Kole is 100% asshat! Hey was badgering the hell out of the clowns when I first added them, as you can see he has his spines ripped right out of him from constantly attacking his reflection in the glass. The RBTA is just starting to come out of hidding, its not in a postition where I could get any kind of a decent shot of it.

Ryan,You got a great looking tank there my friend.
Great looking pics to.

My Koles never caused any problems.The ABT on the other hand,thats a different story.He's got to the point that he'll try to spike my hand when I'm working in the tank.

Back