Sad day. I had to donate my full grown takifugu puffer to the LFS...

Gigaah

Reefing newb
Well my girlfriend woke up to find my fullgrown (6")takifugu puffer eating(yes eating) her 7" or now 5" spotfin jawfish. She was not pleased to say the least. She removed Takifugu(his name) and put him in a container and told me before she left for work...either donate hime to the LFS or I'll get rid of him today one way..or another. So I donated him to Petco. Poor guy.

So if your looking for a pretty takifugu puffer Petco in janesville,wi just got one. He was always pretty docile and pretty chicken shit getting scared. He cohabitated with a 3" bursa trigger and a 2" clarkii and never went after them. Just something between him and the jawfish. I can't believe he actually ATE 2" off the fish. The jawfish is still alive and acting ok..well given the recent trauma..but I can't belive he'll actually live. I was dosing the tank for fit rot on my bursa so maybe the medication will make it so he doesn't get an infection.

I'm not happy about getting rid of him..He is very healthy and would blow thru a dozen gold fish a day if you let him. he eats salmon..doesn't care much for krill LOVES gold fish and roseys(better get a lot if you go with roseys). Hopefully he will find a good home. Healthy well taken care of takifugu's are hard to come by. Especially that large.

Good luck Takifugu
Takifugu ocellatus is his exact species.

Wow sorry to hear that. To bad she actually saw him eating him. You coulda played dumb about what happened had she not seen it.

Back