Sailsup new tank buid

sailsup

Reefing newb
OK, so it is time to get serious about the dream tank. (got the thumbs up from my beautifull wife) I designed a specific spot for when we built our home. Check it out. Sooooooo stoked.......:bounce:
Not sure how many gallons it will be.
Dimensions; 7' x 24" x 24"-30" (still debating on the hieght)
Sump; will be installed under the area pictured, still need to cut in the cabinet doors. It is plumbed will an emergency floor drain, and has power wire in. Ventallation will be installed after the sump. I will have a 24 Hr 640 cfm exhaust fan going to keep the moisture and smell down, duct work is there, just not finished through the floor yet.

Overhead lighting/ventalation; planning on a single 6' fixture, aircraft cable hung. power and switching is available above the soffit framed in. Ventalation is alraedy there, Supper quite 720 CFM exhaust fan to get rid of the heat and moisture.

First thing to buy is the custom built tank. I have a templete, just do not know of a good tank builder. Want the overflow boxes at each end of the tank, with internal returns.

Attachments

• IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 351
Wow, I think I'm looking forward to this almost as much as I was with seeing Dennis's tank. Or maybe even more excited because it's BUILT IN!

Just talked with a local tank builder...... WOW!!!!!!!
They sure are proud of their tanks......
I am re-thinking this... I was at my LFS today for more water and looked at some of there tanks. I may just go with a pre built tank 60" x 24" x 36" and do my own internal overflow boxes and returns.

Back