Samantha's 46 Gallon Bowfront

make sure to keep an eye on your calcium, 6 small hard corals probably won't deplete it too fast. But, you want it to be high enough to keep those corals growing!

My calcium is at 420ppm, so I should be okay for now. However, would you all recommend dosing to boost calcium? (As of right now, I don't dose/use any additives, I just do a 10% water change every week)

Looks great! I can see your corals in the pic! You should update the same pics everyonce in a while so you can see the growth! I LOVE the wrasse pic that you posted! I always wondered how they can actually sleep in the sand!

Looks great! I can see your corals in the pic! You should update the same pics everyonce in a while so you can see the growth! I LOVE the wrasse pic that you posted! I always wondered how they can actually sleep in the sand!

Thanks!! I'll be sure to post updates! ;) And, yeah, the wrasse's sleep habit is crazy; he's quite an odd little thing, but I love him!! :mrgreen:

I would just stick with your normal water changes for now. That will replae trace elements used by the corals. But, keep monitoring your levels and if you start to see them dropping even with your water changes then you may either need to make larger water changes or start dosing.

A few more coral additions: :mrgreen:

Birdsnest:
DSC01808.jpg

Birdsnest close-up:
DSC01815.jpg

Galaxea:
DSC01817.jpg

Update on the other corals:

-Glued the Purple-tip Frogspawn to a frag plug today. Got glue all over my fingers and arms as well...( I know I'm skilled ;-) )
-Little acro got a branch knocked off by my huge hermit crab... :grumble:
-Picked all of the hair algae off the zoanthid plugs, and moved them from QT to DT :helm2:

Last edited:
NEW CORALS!!!! :mrgreen: My Craigslist purchases from Wednesday:

Candy Coral:
DSC02050.jpg

Bubble Gum Chalice:
DSC02005.jpg

ORA Verde Acro:
DSC02002.jpg

ORA Hawkins Acro:
DSC01998.jpg

Blue/Green Acro:
DSC02032.jpg

ORA Verde Acro #2:
DSC02031.jpg

ORA Miami Orchid Acro:
DSC02035.jpg

ORA Valida Acro:
DSC02042.jpg

ORA Hawkins Acro #2:
DSC02041.jpg

Pink Pocillopora:
DSC01928.jpg

Favia:
DSC02009.jpg

Green Monti Cap w/ Purple Edges:
DSC01991.jpg

Update:

-3 corals were bleaching/had tissue receding. Thought it might be RTN, but now I think the Koralias were just being too tough on them. Redirected the Koralias, and things are looking better...

-Added my Green Mandarin to the DT yesterday morning after having him in QT for forever! He seems happy, and he's eating so A+!!!

-Ordered Nova Extreme Pros for the DT and separate lunar lights. Should be here Friday!!! I'll keep you all posted. ;)

Very nice setup! Your coral livestock choices and amounts you have aquired in the past few months is amazingly similar to mine. :O
Haha! You're right, GG!! I had never checked out your tank thread - NICE tank!!! Somewhere down the road I hope to get a pair of clowns too! :shock: (Great minds think alike?) Now, if only I had that beautiful clam of yours... ;)

Back