Samhain's 50 Gallon Long Reef

Bright side is you an still add as many corals as you want! Stock up on corals all month to feed your fishie addiction! Lol

Yeah. I think I'm going to get some zoas for Yule this year. I had asked for $ for an upgrade tank, but I think that's going to be on hold until I get this tank figured out. So the $ may go to corals instead!

Yeah. I think I'm going to get some zoas for Yule this year. I had asked for $ for an upgrade tank, but I think that's going to be on hold until I get this tank figured out. So the $ may go to corals instead!

That's a great idea I'm hopping I get the replacement tools I need for my frag kit :D and the box of gel glue I asked for. I have a Kenya i want to frag out and the same for my Xenia and mushrooms. Hell I may go down to one fish and just do a bunch of coral. Sad to say I kind of liked it when it was just my Blenny and corals. I may just do that thanks for the idea to consider.:Cheers:

Well, one week out post-crash, and I have one teeny tiny little fish left. Onyx has so far weathered the storm and the plague. She's got an entire 50 gallon aquarium to herself, as long as you exclude inverts from the count. Red Jewel Nano Blennies must be some hardy fish!

Well, i'm still letting my tank recover from the crash, but I ran across a killer CL deal that I couldn't pass up. So today I brought home a 90 gallon tank with sump, stand, hood, T5 MH light, 60 lbs of LR, and an ancient protein skimmer all for $200. I'm waiting to set it up until I get my RO/DI filter installed, but I stuffed the majority of the LR in my display tank for now. The rest is residing in a tote with water and a powerhead. So look for a 90while gallon build coming soon!

thats a steal!!

Yes. Yes it was. That's why I couldn't pass it up! Originally I thought I wanted to upgrade to a 180+, but after looking at the 90, that's all my den reasonably has space for anyway. And considering that just one piece of that setup generally goes for over $200, and I got it all, I am super happy. Plus now I have the space for the Kole Tang that I've been coveting without worrying about the Tang Police knocking down my door! Yuletide upgrade for ME! I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with the 50 gallon now. It may be turned to a snake house, or I may do a freshwater setup, or I may just keep two salty tanks. :sfish:

I'm not sure whether I could get it into the bottom of the stand without compromising its structural integrity. But I was actually thinking about trying! The sump that came with the set-up is only about 15 gallons, so it's kind of on the small side for a 90 gallon. But it's better than the sump I have right now (not running one)!

Remember way back a few months ago when I asked for an ID on that nudibranch? Yeah. I found out what he likes to eat. Well, he and about 30 of his buddies....Green Star Polyps! They decimated my GSP, killed it, and then I noticed them crawling out of the skeleton. So pissed about it. I pulled out all the ones I saw with tweezers, chunked the skeleton, and quietly fumed for a good long while.

OMG Sarah I'm sorry to hear :( they are viscous little Sh!ts. They ate all my yellow polyps and half my eagle eye zoa before I got ride of them completely. If you were closer to where I live I'd give you some GSP for free as I just fragged mine the other day. Well I hope they are for the most part gone... The only thing I can say is dip your corals if you can that is. Its heart braking to lose corals like that. Sadly this is the price of some live rock and frags :(

Back