Samhain's 90 Gallon Reef

Crackers are open and happy, monster is starting to open just a smidge. Not much, but it's something. The rest are open and happy, including the acro.

It has been a long time since I updated, hasn't it? The big tank is still melting most zoas, so other than a couple varieties that seem unaffected, they are all in the little tank. I have a new cabbage leather, and my devil's hand and xenia are growing and doing great. I'll probably add in a few more leathers over the rest of the year, as I have discovered that I really like them. I'm also having a red mushroom explosion! Fish are all fat and happy, no new additions on that front. Mostly I'm maintaining status quo in the tank. I'm debating adding any more fish to the tank, as I'm really happy with the balance I've got in there. I've gone back and forth on adding a goby, but I don't want it to beat up on my blennies, plus I have a really shallow, minimalist sand bed without much room for digging. So I don't know.

Pics after the lights come on and everyone wakes up!

Duncans, acans, favia, and candy canes all do well. Haven't tried frogspawns or torches, although I want to. Just haven't had any reasonably priced ones in the area. But someday I'm sure I'll find them!

Back