Samhain's 90 Gallon Reef

I'm loving the fish selection you've got. Sucks LA has done this to ya twice. Sure that would have added to the nicely to the other fish. All in all beautiful tank.

New addition! Her name is Penny.

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

And here is a not so good shot of her and Wise. My husband named these two, and I really appreciate the time he took to find appropriate names for them! He kept with my literary theme and everything....

DSC_0243-1.jpg

And some other shots from last night

Fifty
DSC_0298-1.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0350.jpg

Ash
DSC_0289-1.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

Hermione
DSC_0257.jpg

Poker
DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

oooo what kind of clowns are those? They are really pretty.

They're yellow-striped maroon clowns, although they're young yet so the yellow isn't as apparent. You can see a bit more on Penny than on Wise, but you still have to look really close. I really like them so far!

Are the Maroon clowns acting aggressive at all?

I really like them, I like their shape and coloring, etc, but they worry me with stories of them being super aggressive even if added last.

I just want one of them but it would be the last fish added and would likely be housed with all docile fish.

They haven't been a bit aggressive thus far, but they're still very new in the tank. They aren't established yet. They're also in with several larger aggressive/semi-aggressive fish that can hold their own. I'm not envisioning any problems at the moment, but that may change if I add any other fish. I'm almost thinking I'm going to stop for now. I only have 8 fish in there, but there are 3 fish that will will get fairly large. And several of the fish are aggressive and territorial, so I'm treading a fairly fine line with the stocking limits. I'm really quite satisfied with what I have, goby notwithstanding. And after the addition of the maroon clowns (which haven't been harassed by anything in the tank, even the dwarf angel), I may not be able to safely add a peaceful fish like a goby. I think after this it's just going to be inverts and coral. Possibly a rock flower nem or maximini nem (or both!).

Wise has officially chosen my Xenia as his host! I knew that thing would come in handy....

Pics of the little guy in his new home!
DSC_1122.jpg

DSC_1117.jpg

DSC_1083.jpg

Penny hasn't discovered it yet, but I'm hoping they pair up and play house together. So far the xenia doesn't seem any the worse for wear, and Wise seems to be having fun swimming in and out of all the stalks.

Here are the first decent photos I've gotten of Onyx, my Red Jewel Nano Blenny. This is the only fish that survived my tank crash, then managed to survive the move to the 90 by riding the rocks. I have no idea how long she was out of water, as I spent over an hour aquascaping with no water in the tank. Then it took 3-4 more hours to fill the tank up. I'm pretty sure she's a bionic fish..............

To give an idea, the frag of Palys she's next to is a little smaller than a quarter.
DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

She's just a little over an inch long, and that's about all the bigger she's ever going to get. She's a lot more bold now that there are several other fish swimming around in there. I guess she interpreted the previous lack of fish to mean that there was a predator around and she needed to hide. But now she regularly makes an appearance during mealtime, as well as one or two other times during the day. Mealtime is always the longest appearance though. I'm pretty fond of her, even though she's not particularly colorful or showy. But she's been with me for almost a year now, and she's such a trooper.

Back