Should I get rid of it?

Smitty

Reef pro
Hello everyone, I need a lil help making a decision...I have a 1.5 in long polyp leather about a few inches from my sps corals, and was wondering if I should move him or just get rid of him? The only reason why I wouldn't want to get rid of him is because he's the only coral from my old 55 gal before it was killed, but I wouldn't mind because I'm trying to focus more on sps's and lps's. So what do you all suggest?
2011-09-29094652.jpg

just make it so that your way blows the leather away from the sps, if that makes any sense. basically make the leather downstream . . .

Leathers and other softies use chemical warfare more so than stinging nearby corals. So if the leather decides to do so, the chemicals will get washed away from the more sensitive SPS and through the filter/sump and not effect the other corals as much since they will be more dilute.

because soft corals engage in chemical warfare, which can really bother stony corals (and other softy corals) so you dont to have those chemicals being blown directly on another coral that might be very sensitive to them.

and bj! has got me beat!

Leathers let off a toxin, which affects other corals, especially sps's...so placing them downstream from other corals, will limit their ability to poison other corals around them.

Back