Six-line question

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
I added a tiny six-line wrasse to my tank over the weekend. It was very active yesterday and getting along with everyone, and was out and about early today but I haven't seen it at all in the last few hours. I checked around the edges of the tank to see if it jumped and don't see it anywhere, including inside the stand or overflow box. Are these guys known for jumping and/or hiding in the rocks for awhile?

They are known to hide at first and will find a spot to sleep at night. Don't worry when he gets more comfortable he will be out and about all the time.

They are known to hide at first and will find a spot to sleep at night. Don't worry when he gets more comfortable he will be out and about all the time.

Thanks, Brittany! She was out all day yesterday exploring and foraging and didn't seem to take any time to adapt to her new surroundings, but has been hiding today... but since you mention her finding a spot to sleep, I'm thinking this probably has more to do with the fact that I'm only running 1 light currently and switching between lighting units each day. Yesterday the light was on where she was hanging out, today I have the opposite side of the tank lit, so she's probably just getting comfortable sleeping in the rocks thinking its nighttime. When I turn my overhead florescent lights on in my office, then I'll catch a glimpse of her, so she must see the lights and wake up. I can't wait until my tank is fully lit again!

Back