Skimmer Comparison

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok seriously I can't tell the actual difference between all of these. I mean besides the rating of gallons what is the best choice.

I added my only thoughts at the end of the names.

Reef Octopus Super Reef 3000SSS Internal Skimmer - Supposedly the newest

Reef Octopus NWB-250 10" Internal Protein Skimmers - Supposedly the best

Reef Octopus Extreme Series XS-250 Protein Skimmer - No Clue

Reef Octopus DNWB-200 8" Recirculating Protein Skimmer - No Clue

I am confounded about all the skimmers, as well. I settled on this one:

Reef Octopus Super Reef 3000 Internal Skimmer

Why? Because it was the reasonably priced and seems just right :) Actually, I ended up calling saltysupply for advice...and spoke to a guy named Chris, who patiently listened to my confused explanations of what I need/want out of a skimmer, and helped me pick the right one LOL He gave me free shipping, and a good price too. I'm sure if you find one elsewhere for less, they'd match the price.

That said, anything Octopus is going to give you great results!!

OH and i LITERALLY got mine within 3 days of me calling!!!!

Haha that is funny I talked to him on chat but not about skimmers it was bulbs.

The XS-250 actually has the new Italian Pumps on it. I talked to fastrd before about them.

I believe the main diff of those 2 is one has the bubble blaster pump and one has the 2 Sicce PSK-1000 pumps. The new Bubble Blaster seems pretty nice but I think this one site has it underated at only 400GPH. It says the Sicce is over 800GPH and the one I want has 2.

The rated gal as you know is mostly due to the body size of the skimmer well at least normally.

Its a tough choice for sure but I am probably still buying the XS-250. Man the BB has a 3 year warranty as opposed to the 1 year on the Picce. They said they could work with me with that as well. Maybe they just swap stuff to keep people happy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WA2sF5Qov4]YouTube - ‪Super Reef Octopus 3000 Internal‬‏[/ame]

Back