Skimmer...Over the Mountain and through the woods...

Oldsalt

Reefer Wannabe
Hello everyone,
So I will eventually get to my question about a skimmer, but I gotta share with you all my surroundings here in the Land of Switzer...From my house I take a train all the way to the end of the line, then hop on a bus way out to the country side...Then it's a 10 minute walk (We don't need a car here_for anything else) to the aquarium shop…So if we want to buy something, it’s gonna be enough to make a preacher swear if it turns out they don’t have it in stock:grumble:.
Just this last Saturday we got a sticker shock when the quotation said 6,000 Swiss francs (Same in USD) for the total package:shock:.
What they are offering us is quite a nice total package for an 80 gallon tank:^: …Problem is, I don’t have any information if the skimmer's any good or not that they include with a questionably proportioned sump:confused:…If anyone has heard about this ATI Bubble Master 200 model matching the performance of the Octopi and others that I've seen raved about, I would appreciate the feedback…I have read the 500+ entries of equipment questions and didn’t find this one listed once.
1) ATI Bubble Master 200 skimmer any good?
2) The sump they are offering with, does it have appropriate sized compartments?
.....Pics of both included.....

http://www.atiaquaristik.com/index.php?id=95,0,0,1,0,0

Attachments

• a Skimmer-Becken reduced.jpg
    a Skimmer-Becken reduced.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,083
  • b ATI Skimmer.jpg
    b ATI Skimmer.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 587
i have the ATI bubble master 250 on my tank it rocks, i will never own a different brand skimmer, i skim kind of dry and the skimmer filled its collection cup with a dark black skimmate in five days

I have also heard good things about that brand. I think that the price is way over the top though. You might want to look around to see if there's a website where you can order the equipment online that will ship to you. I'm not familiar with European shopping sites, sorry :(.

Thanks guys...What do you think about the sump...Does it have a sufficient space for the filtration and other magic

The sump will work fine to hold your equipment (skimmer and heaters). It won't be large enough to run a refugium though, if you are wanting to do that. If you really want this setup, that shouldn't prevent you from buying it, as it is pretty easy to plumb in a refugium separately.

Thank you both...We just can't get "anything" for cheap over here...I am hoping we can get something built this year.

Back