Smitty's Reef

Lol...alright, alright...my fault.
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzEuanBn.jpg

Awesome looking aquascape Smitty!!! Are you looking at fixtures? or are you looking to setup a canopy with retrofits?

I was planning on just a fixture...I would love to have a canopy, but I don't think I'll do it with this set-up. So if anyone come across a nice inexpensive fixture for a 30in let me know.

What kind of fixture did you have before? MH or just flourecent?

Either way, you could salvage the ballasts out of it and save some money on a fixture.

I will tell you though, 30" fixtures are hard to find. I had to go with a 24" and hid it inside a canopy.

What kind of fixture did you have before? MH or just flourecent?

Either way, you could salvage the ballasts out of it and save some money on a fixture.

I will tell you though, 30" fixtures are hard to find. I had to go with a 24" and hid it inside a canopy.
I had T5's over my 55gal...but after she busted them up, they went into the garbage, and the truck has already picked up garbage last week...so nothing to savage there. they were broke up pretty good.
I'm kinda thinking of getting a mh fixture and hanging it because I know 30in fixtures are kinda difficult to find. IDK:dunno:

I have the 30" Sundial over my tank and love it. All of my LPS and Softies are doing great! Barely any heat coming from it at all. Although I wish I had waited another couple of weeks and picked up a 24" Nove Extreme (6X's T5's). Bought my Ricordea Yuma from a guy with that fixture and it looked AWESOME! Anyways, good luck with the light search!

Back