Smitty's Reef

I beleive this is the light I'm going to get. It's a great price and lots of wattage. My brother has the 150wMH pendant light and it works great!
It's a nice light and I'm really thinking of getting it...I'm just worried that 380 watts can be overkill over a 29gal. I don't want to hang it too far above the tank, and light the whole room up...lol

It's a nice light and I'm really thinking of getting it...I'm just worried that 380 watts can be overkill over a 29gal. I don't want to hang it too far above the tank, and light the whole room up...lol

That's what I was worried about as well with it being 13.1 watts per gallon in a 29g. I stated a thread about it in the lighting section. Everyone seems to think it will be ok. I was told to start my corals down low and then move them up slowly. I'm getting it to plan ahead for a 55g in the future.

Update: I know I'm probably jumping the gun here, but I bought 3 blue-legged hermit crabs yesterday and acclimated them. I woke up the morning and they are very active at this point. With all the rock in there, I thought they would disappear, but they're out in the open. Figure I'll share my excitement!

I also need to think about getting a new light system for my 10gal nano..

Can't wait to see so pictures with crabs

Hello everyone...the crabs are still doing well and my water is not perfect, but good. So I bought 2 chromis a few days ago, and they are doing great.Sorry I have no pics, because I've been in therapy a lot and I'm also back at work on desk duty.

Hello everyone...the crabs are still doing well and my water is not perfect, but good. So I bought 2 chromis a few days ago, and they are doing great.Sorry I have no pics, because I've been in therapy a lot and I'm also back at work on desk duty.

Smitty,

Nice to see you're getting the tank stocked up. I actually got my 29g stocked up this past Friday. I moved over everything from my 14gBC. Just to give you some feedback on the Odyssea light. My friend Mike just got his on Friday. It's the 442w setup and it is awesome! :bounce: He previously had an old Odyssea PC setup and the quality really changed from their older model fixtures. I think we'll be in good shape w/ the 380w fixture.

So what's going on with the tank? It cycled yet?

Lol...that's funny you asked, I was just about to post something...I went by the lfs to get some water for another change and have my water tested, and the owner tested my water and said it was perfect. I was so excited. Now I can start stocking it again.

Well, not really. I don't want many fish really, I want to keep the bioload down so I can be more successful with corals, mainly lps corals I will focus on. And a want lots of various inverts too.

Here is an updated pic...
utf-8BUEMwNTAxMTYuSlBH.jpg

Back