Smitty's Reef

Goodluck! Assuming my Aquatraders experience ends well I will deffintely keep going back, a small amount of time resolving an issue is worth it when you consider the price.

WOW! Just looked at the aquatraders 30" MH & PC fixture. That's a great price for the wattage you'll get. Wish I had seen that whenever I was doing all my research, somehow overlooked it.

I'm planning on ordering some Aquatraders lights for my 90 here soon... Just waiting to see how the issues brought up on this site recently are resolved before I commit!

I think the only issue with their fixtures now are the cheap, off color/spectrum bulbs. I've bought 2 other fixtures from them in the past year for my mom(t5) and a friend(pc), and they have had no issues with their fixtures.

My aqua traders mh still fires up everyday and have had no problems. I think I would like to change out the bulb since I still have the ones that came with it but I always find other stuff to spend money on. Like power, water, car payments all that unimportant stuff.

I think I would like to change out the bulb since I still have the ones that came with it but I always find other stuff to spend money on. Like power, water, car payments all that unimportant stuff.

Lol...yeah that stuff is not important to you at all, but it is critical to have them in order to maintain your reef. :)

Ok, my question of the day...which mh wattage should I place over my 29 gal...150 or 250 watt? I want to be able to place clams on the sand and sps's on the rockwork.

150 should be fine. I have a 70 wt on my 10 gallon and I can grow anything. That would be close to a 5.5 watts of light for your tank if you go with the 150.

Smitty, I met a fragger out here in the Bay Area that heard your story on your last tank. He would like to send you some corals to rebuild/restock your tank.

Smitty, I met a fragger out here in the Bay Area that heard your story on your last tank. He would like to send you some corals to rebuild/restock your tank.

OH WOW...lol...tell him thank you for me...I really appreciate that. You guys are what keep me driven and motivated... between my children and my LR family, I enjoy life. Thank you all...much love!

He wanted to contact you via e-mail. Not sure that February is the best time to send out corals to Chicago, but.....? Let me know if you want me to give him your info, he's a heck of a nice guy.

Back