Sniffles 29G

Thanks all for the compliments!! I just added another 5lbs. of LR. I'll post some pics later. All I really did was add some meat to the skeleton, if ya know what I mean.

On the downside: While I was playing Red Faction Guerrilla at some point my 6line wrasse decided to go carpet surfing. I'm not sure how long it had been since it happened when I stumbled upon his lifeless body, but I no longer have Steven, the 6line. And to make it even BETTER! earlier today I was informed that one of my friends sugar gliders had drowned itself in the toilet during the night while I was responsible for them as they were on vacation. Man.... the irony.

I feel like such a fool. :frustrat: Death is so discouraging.

Wow that really sucks, but is it insensitive that I did laugh out loud when I read that a sugar glider had drowned itself and a fish had aired itself to death?

I'm sorry to hear about Steven and the sugar glider. Steven will be remembered fondly. Our fish have names -- they are like family members and we get attached to them.

As promised, another front shot of the tank with more LR. The Arch is still there. I just placed some LR on the glass behind it to help my substrate with the skimmer return water flow, it had been clearing it away to expose glass. Unfortunately my tank is under attack by hair algae :grumble: In other news, I'm still on the wall about a substrate cleaner. I'm leaning towards a horseshoe crab or a sand sifting cucumber. However, I'm leaving on vacation for a week July 11th-18th so I'd rather not have a cucumber die while I'm gone. I don't think that they're in any danger of dying/getting sucked into anything, unless they climb the glass. Do they?

DSCN5724.jpg

I've read they help stirrup the sand pretty well. I'm more worried about the top just getting cleaned. Do horseshoe crabs take care of that? Plus, my girlfriend and I think that horseshoe crabs look creepy, lol.

You got it looking good.
And dont add no horseshoe crab.They usually dont live long in our tanks,and if they did,they'd outgrow it pretty quick.

I have two "Frick & Frack" and they haven't grown that much in almost a year. They do a good job stirring things up in my tank. It is larger though.

Makes sense yote. I have no pumps in my tank and sometimes they start swimming strangely upside down with no sense of direction. I could see that happening.

Excuse my ignorance, as I am just 3 weeks into the marine scene, but isnt green hair the good kind of algae? Isnt that what people grow in their Fuge?

And just think Sniffles,your just getting started with the algae cycles.You've got cyano,the hair,more diatoms,then more hair and bryopsis:D
Aint reefin fun:mrgreen:

And just think Sniffles,your just getting started with the algae cycles.You've got cyano,the hair,more diatoms,then more hair and bryopsis:D
Aint reefin fun:mrgreen:

Thanks for the positive outlook yote :grumble: man, I need to get a fuge up and running to help with this s**t. Too bad I have a week vacation I LONG BOAT KEY, Fl coming in 3 weeks! Maybe when. Get back and get some $$ I'll start laying plans out for that.

P.S I DONT BELIEVE IN YOUR SO CALLED "ALGAE CYCLE" YOTE! SORRY FOR ALL CAPS. IPHONE IS KINDA GOIN FUNKY

Last edited:
Back