Sniffles 29G

To correct myself on one of my coral ID's I don't have an Acan, what I have is a Pandora Micromussa. I was gazing around on JuicyCorals.com and found a pic of them. But that's OK because I love them anyways. Thinking about making a trip over there to Melbourne to pickup a frag of their Elf Socks and PPE Blastomussa Wellsi.

I'm heading off to Long Boat Key, Fl tom. morning and won't be back until next Sunday! :bounce: I'll be taking the laptop of course but it's gonna be hard for me to be away from my tank that long. Not having control over anything. My g/fs father, who has past salty exp., will be taking care of it for me but still. I'll be uploading pics from the trip daily or every other day.

YIKES! Monday night I added the rocks from the gulf that I brought back. Tuesday I got home from work and my tank was super cloudy. Some of the rocks were molting! Needless to say they're gone. My sg registered at 1.030+. dKH is 12+. Unfortunately I don't have any top off water right now so I have to wait for after work.

In other news I picked up a mag5 pump for my sump, which is holding the water and vinegar solution at the moment. Should I get a check valve?

Check valve are alright and probably needed.But drill an 1/8" hole right at the water line on your returns for a siphon break too.
Check valves could stick open and let water back siphon,flooding the sump.

Here are some pics: My new sump setup, thanks to Yote and Nathan for their help. A FTS and my Duncan FINALLY sprouting some heads! I'M SO EXCITED! Also, I added a Royal Gramma to my tank today. However, he's disappeared into my rock work.... hopefully he's actually still in my tank. I'm cursed with the Free Willy syndrome when it comes to fish.
DSCN6055.jpg

DSCN6056.jpg

DSCN6058.jpg

Thanks! :D

I'll snap another FTS tom. Shouldn't have been so blue.

I increased the runtime of my daylights from 5 to 7hrs.

I messed up today though :( I went to kill some Aiptasia with Joe's Juice and some accidentally landed on one of my mushrooms killing it. :frustrat: Well, lesson learned. I'm really worried about my new Royal Gramma though. I haven't seen him since 1:40p.m today. He must've found an excellent hiding place because it doesn't seem like there's that many spots to hide. Also, it seems like when a fish/shrimp goes missing in my tank... they're just gone. Could there be something in my LR thats devouring anyting that might come in close contact with it?

thats possible that you have something in your tank, but not likely. If it was a mantis or something like that you would hear it.

Have you checked in your overflow, sump, floor? Its normal for a royal gramma to hide sometimes for weeks before coming out to play :)

I have had fish before that hid and didn't come out for 6 months.

Ya, I thought about a mantis but I haven't heard anything. Nohting in the overflow of sump. So i guess he's hiding alongside my pepp shrimp.

Its a lookin good.:D
You'd be surprised at how well a fish can hide.Sometimes right there in plain sight too.

Went to Lowes and picked up a piece of plexi glass for my sump, so that I can keep the skimmer chamber at a constant level. I'm not going to use anything to "glue" it into place because I wedged it in there and it seems to me doing the job. Seeing as how everytime I turn the return pump on it drains the water out of the return area. Plus, when I need to remove the skimmer to clean it all out I can remove the plexi glass. Now all I need is more water! I can't wait to own my own place, won't have to make trips to the LFS for RO!

Went up to a LFS and picked up some new frags.
3 Heads of Frogspawn
1 Green Fuzzy shroom (God knows I'm sucker for mushrooms)
25+ polyps of "Hulk zoas"
Nothing spectacular but I thought I'd add some pieces to the tank.

DSCN6077.jpg

DSCN6078.jpg

DSCN6079.jpg

Back