Sniffles 29G

AHAHAHA
Just wait and see:mrgreen:

Oh,And since your headed south on vacation,how bout some pics of the beaches:D

AHAHAHA
Just wait and see:mrgreen:

Oh,And since your headed south on vacation,how bout some pics of the beaches:D

Ah Yes, many pictures shall be posted. 1 photo will be the ever famous, to my girlfriend, photo of me passed out from a day in the sun with a beer in my hand. Like so....

Also: Dolphins from the SeaDoo, Gulf Coast sunset and my beautiful girlfriend with a Logger Head turtle she saved. Pics are from last year.

Passedout.jpg

RSCN4094.jpg

Sunset.jpg

Turtle.jpg

So to update my tank thread I bought a Sea Hare, Dirt Bag, and also my Blue-Green Chromis is missing. TOTALLY AWESOME!!! ONLY NOT!! I haven't found a body in my tank so are they known to "carpet surf"? Cuz if that's what he decided to do then I've probably already scooped him out of the litter pan that my cats use :grumble:. I'm really bummed about the fish deaths that have taken place. So much so that I don't want to buy anymore. I think I'll just leave it with my 2 clowns, Ricky and Lucy. In other news, my LFS has gotten in some new coral. The couple that have caught my eyes are an Octo Frogspawn and Australian Gold torch coral. Unfortunately they want $40/head of the torch which is kinda crazy! I'm fighting the urge to buy something everytime I walk in there. I just keep telling myself "Your tank has to mature, your tank has to mature." LOL We'll see how long I can hold off with that method. That! and I have my week long vacation coming up so I need all the pennies I can scramble up. lol

Last edited:
I have had some Chromis go floor surfing before. The get spooked pretty easy and dash about and out the top. I have some larger Tangs which swim fast throughout the tank and the Chromis dart out of the way. May be one of your clowns charged at it and it went up and out.

I have had some Chromis go floor surfing before. The get spooked pretty easy and dash about and out the top. I have some larger Tangs which swim fast throughout the tank and the Chromis dart out of the way. May be one of your clowns charged at it and it went up and out.

ya, that's def. possible cuz Lucy is a bitch and ive seen her plenty of times charge at the little guy. :( But hey! Less fish, less nitrates.... Kinda sorta. Don't worry I won't let that get to my head. Here's to Charlie the Chromis and Steven the Six Line Wrasse :Cheers:

MAN,I hate to hear about the loss of the fish.I'm in that boat myself.I've lost my coris wrasse,LMB(think maybe old age got him),and foxface this week.

Sorry to hear it daugherty. I think the fish may be protesting being kept in aquariums and trying the "free Willy" method of freedom. Only there's no kid to jump over or water on the other side.

Also, a pic of what I think are Tangerine Palys, which haven't opened since I've placed them in my tank. At first I placed them in the middle and since have placed them on the bottom, thinking the might've been getting TOO much light. Also a pic of my Duncan coral throwing up mysis shrimp i've been feeding it??? I see 2 or 3 blister looking spots at the top of the stem so hopefully I'll have some new heads coming!! And finally a pic of my new torch which hasn't extended its tentacles yet, although I don't think they're long enough too anyways. Hopefully they'll grow out for me. I looked at some old pics of my 10G tank and saw my old torch, that has now since left us, and couldn't get over how beautiful it was. :( In other news, my girls dad has a Wet/Dry filter in his storage which he's going to give me! It's been in there for about 2yrs so should I clean it with a mixture of RO and Vinegar?

How did you acclimate those new corals?
They should open up in a day or 2.Sometimes it just takes em a while to get used to their new home.
As far as that wet/dry.Just clean it good with vinegar and it should be good to go.

How did you acclimate those new corals?
They should open up in a day or 2.Sometimes it just takes em a while to get used to their new home.
As far as that wet/dry.Just clean it good with vinegar and it should be good to go.

I left them in the bag from the LFS for an hour then poured a cup of water in every 5min for another hour. The torch was exactly how it looks in the LFS tank though so I'm not so surprised. I placed the palys on the floor whenever I got home today thinking the light might've been too much for it 1/2 way up the tank right away. It started looking better soon after I placed it on the floor.

I'd say your on the right track with the Palys.Most of those tend to not like a whole lotta light.
The next corals you get,try a shorter acclimation.Just enough to that the salinity in the bag matches the salinity of your tank.If the 2 already are close,then just acclimate for about 30 minutes.
I've noticed that if I use those long acclimation periods,it seems to take longer for the corals to open up.JMO.

Back