So Many Aquarium Lights... Dont know what to pick!

Hey guys! so I was looking at this light on Amazon. Let me know what u guys think about it =D

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Reef-Light-Aquarium-Growth-Lighting/dp/B006UKXGJQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1346204446&sr=1-6&keywords=aquarium+light]Amazon.com: 48" Reef Light 3w LED bulbs Aquarium Coral Growth Lighting 100 watt: Pet Supplies[/ame]

There are several people on this site that have been running that light with a lot of luck (the Marineland one).
I would trust that one over the first one.

I use the Marineland Reef Capable LEDs over my 29g.

They are sufficient in my 18" deep tank. That's about it -- sufficient.

I highly doubt I could keep anything more interesting without upgrading my lighting....and I plan to upgrade when I can.

I am thinking of going with the chinese 3watt LED light over my tank next to see how it goes. It's only like $189.

You could get two for your 4 ft. tank i think. It might be over your budget, though, and I am taking a chance on them...I don't know for sure they will be any good. We will see when I get them. haha

I think there have been some positive reviews about them around the net, but I think something people said was that if they werent placed above the tank from a certain height that they wouldnt diffuse well and that it would produce a spotlighting effect. That may have been an older version without the "newer" lenses but im not sure. Still i think that they could possibly work. Itls always a gamble though.

Haha well i am a gambling man Cathic ;) but thank u for ur input u guys are a lot of help! Im going to be painting my stand this weekend!

Back