Some new ORA brown frags

JAG107

Reef enthusiast
Got these super cheap because the store's tank was turning all their SPS brown. All at or below cost (so he says):
ORA "Joe the Coral"
006.JPG

ORA Nathan's Millipora
001.JPG

ORA Pocillopora
002.JPG

ORA Delicate acro
ORAdelicate.jpg

ORA Turquoise Staghorn
004.JPG

The turquoise has already colored up noticeably in the last week. Here's a shot from this morning:
turquoisestag12-15-08.jpg
:mrgreen:

I have really high hopes for the turq stag especially. For $5, this is gonna turn into one spectacular colony someday if the coral gods like me :)
The store owner has a bigger piece of the delicate in his back room frag tank that looks magnificent, so it gives me hope that mine will prosper as well. His DT out front needs a major lighting upgrade or something, these frags don't look like this when they come from ORA.
I also didn't notice the bleaching on the milli til I got it home. For $5, it was still worth giving it a shot IMO. It would have just died where it was.

He must have had them for a while. Look at all that encrustation! They dont come from ORA like that. GREAT DEAL they will come around with proper water quality and flow.

The turquoise he had since June I think, and cut off the top and made a second frag of it for the back room. It was $35 two months ago. See, patience is a virtue lol

Back