sorry to keep you waiting...

Yes, you want 10x flowing through your sump/refugium. But, your DT will need more flow. How is your return plumbing setup? What type of pump, how long is the piping back to your DT, any check/ball valves, how many 90& 45 degree fitting?

Thanks for the reply.

My piping is as such,

The tank has two over-flows in the back. the water free-falls down to the bottom, and about 7" of 1.5" flex tubing until it reaches my sump/filter tank. Once in the filter tank, it goes into a 1" PVC figure-8 that runs around the top of the tank with little holes drilled in the bottom to sprinkle it down onto the filter (fiber glass). It then gets drawn from the sump/filter tank into the pump.

It is pumped up through 3 or 4" of 1.25" pipe to a T-split where each side gets returned to the big pipes going back up the over-flows and then into the tank again.

amateur sketch. :bounce:

180050_700964759085_24416836_37780525_4694591_n.jpg

I will be upgrading to some high-tech filter with a flux capacitor and nasa thing that he wants to sell me

Quit listening to your LFS if you want to save ur pennies. More than likely they will sell you more CRAP than what you actually need.

Do your research on here and only buy what you need.

A good Skimmer is adequate filtration. As is a sump with Chateo growing in it.

The bacteria should be growing on your Live Rock... idk how the fiberglass is effecting it. But I would watch it when/if you have to remove it, it will remove a large population of your bacteria possibly causing your tank to cycle again... Most of us just use live rock with a cycled tank to house our bacteria population.

Back