sos 911

I think temperature swings was a problem. I was told a drop at night was "natural" so I set my heater a little low, because my lights were heating things a bit and I was afraid to go above 80 degrees and I don't have a chiller. Heater is now at 77 degrees I have two fans on my hood one blows in and one blows out. I added a larger fan on the back which helps much more. I have only varied within a degree today. What is an exceptable range for fluxuation in a day?
I have lots of charcoal filtering going and will change it in 1-2 weeks. I will continue with water changes. Because of so many "dead stuff" I'm going to reallly cycle now. Starting to show a slight bit of amonia. I fostered out remaining fish and two corals. Cleaned up live rock best I could. Actually the crabs did live and the shrimp too. I'm letting them clean up abit. Thanks for all the advice. I'm so mad at myself and disheartened. But not giving up yet, will just sit a let things clear up and cycle while working on my lights. Might raise them higher.

Back