Speaking of raising fish.............

Samhain

Satin, Lace, and Sequins
After reading the new Marine Fish & Reef article on wild Bangaii Cardinal populations disappearing due to overfishing for the aquarium trade, I am seriously considering setting up a breeder tank to offer tank-raised Bangaii for my local stores. The article says they are some of the easiest fish to breed in a home set-up, so I might grab a 40 breeder and start up. Does anyone have any experience with breeding these guys? Any special requirements? Any advice?

There's a guy who does this locally... I'll try to find his thread on our forum...
Or Hannah could do it. Knowing her she has it bookmarked. ;)

It sounds feasible. I'll have to get some equipment together, including a brine shrimp hatchery, but I think I'm going to give it a shot. The Cards are going to get their very own tank, and I'll probably put 3-4 in there together. That way they have a little school, and I don't have to worry about the fry ending up being lunch for my other fish/shrimp/etc. I've already talked to my LFS, and they expressed interest in buying/selling tank bred bangaii from a local source, so I know there will be a retail outlet for them. Plus, they said they would hook me up with a wholesaler or two for any cards they don't want, assuming that I end up successfully raising the little guys. Now to start scouring craigslist for equipment bargains...........

Back