Stock for 3 gallon tank

A few snails would be fine. A couple hermits if you want them. Clown gobies are not usually jumpers,but there is always an exception to the rule!

I actually don't think that will be enough light for the tank, so would I be able to change the bulb in this fixture or would i have to buy a completely new fixture? I want to save as much money as possible with this little tank. So what kind of bulb would be best to replace it with?

I actually don't think that will be enough light for the tank, so would I be able to change the bulb in this fixture or would i have to buy a completely new fixture? I want to save as much money as possible with this little tank. So what kind of bulb would be best to replace it with?

You should not exceed the manufacturer's recommended wattage... this may answer your question.

And on the website it says "compact fluorescent Clamp-on Lamp fixture with 9W 50/50 lamp and remote ballast" What do they mean by this? What does 50/50 mean? And what is a remote ballast? I'm assuming that 9W stands for 9 watts.

Ok, I got lost..did you post a picture or link?

Remote ballast means the ballast is on the cord set a few feet from the fixture... like many printers.

I'd have to see the pictures but I think it means the bulb wattage max is at 9 watts total. .. .
... Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

EDIT: I went back and looked... I have no idea about the 50/50..

Last edited:
Then what are ballasts?

A poorly selected name for the electronics or transformer that convert the AC power at the wall into what those bulbs require. IE: LED's have to be powered by DC at about 3 volts and florescents have to have various high voltages to fire the florescent coating inside the bulb tube.

And on the website it says "compact fluorescent Clamp-on Lamp fixture with 9W 50/50 lamp and remote ballast" What do they mean by this? What does 50/50 mean? And what is a remote ballast? I'm assuming that 9W stands for 9 watts.

50/50 is the color of the bulb.

Back