Stupid Question !!!!

Kyles got you covered. Definitely start by raising salinity and do a fresh batch of testing.
did 250lt change yesterday, took readings, double checked readings and am now dosing according to Kyles numbers to raise all parameters.
Thanks so much for everyone's help.

I hope you adjusted since you raised your salinity. Btw, the math is easy.

Calc, for example, raise 2 ppm with 1 ml per 100 l. So to raise your tank 20 ppm, you would need 10 ml per 100 l, or 100 ml total. Same with everything else, once you know how much you want to raise it, divide by how much 1 unit (grams or ml) will raise 100 l and multiply by 10 since your tank is 1000 litres, or 10 x 100 l.

We use red sea coral pro - We have what I consider a lot of corals although other people say moderate amount. When I do this water change I might up the salinity slightly, check parameters and dose from there.
LFS just told me that the calcium reading would go from 400 - 420 so I have only been dosing a very small amount, now i know it is 400 - 402 and not (20) I will dose a lot more.
Thanks for your help .
I would try a different salt. I purchased this salt too and had horrible results. The mag and alk dropped out on me. I purchased the salt because of the cool graphics on the side of the tub and I have almost a full tub setting in my basement yet. Reef crystals is great cheap salt. Oh, if any fowlr folks close to me want this salt, come pick it up. Free.

I would try a different salt. I purchased this salt too and had horrible results. The mag and alk dropped out on me. I purchased the salt because of the cool graphics on the side of the tub and I have almost a full tub setting in my basement yet. Reef crystals is great cheap salt. Oh, if any fowlr folks close to me want this salt, come pick it up. Free.
WOW i am suprised, you are probably the first person I have heard complain about this salt. Over here in Australia it apparently is the only one to buy. I would love to hear other people experiences with it ? Might start a thread on here .. lol

Back