Sump setup, equipment placement.

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Okay, since I have concerns, hopefully it's unfounded, I would like to know if you feel this is a good setup for my sump. Sump is 30"x12"x10" water depth. Not shown in this picture is the live rock (under sponge filter on right) and the 2" box the skimmer is now sitting on to correct over reaction.

Left to right:

Return pump---skimmer--- intake from overflow, live rock

DSCN1457.jpg

Please let me know if this is a logical setup or what YOU would change it. Reasoning behind a change would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

You have almost the same setup I have, I have mine setup "BERLIN" stye. If you want for added, through carbon on the bottom of your first chamber.

Wow, okay, I never even heard of Berlin style! Glad you posted, thanks! So where are you suggesting I put the carbon? In above or under the sponge in the center or on the right? FWIW, I have live rock under the sponge on the right, but I do have a few ideas on some modifications for using filter bags. Just need to find the time to do it.

Wow, okay, I never even heard of Berlin style! Glad you posted, thanks! So where are you suggesting I put the carbon? In above or under the sponge in the center or on the right? FWIW, I have live rock under the sponge on the right, but I do have a few ideas on some modifications for using filter bags. Just need to find the time to do it.

I know you must put it though passing water, in my case I have passing water thoughout my entire setup. I think I saw an empty compartment at the bottom of the white stuff, just stuf it in there or ontop of the, you have to find out what works best for you.

My setup goes from the tank to (2) 200 micron bags to a large chemipure bag, then to my second chamber which is my skimmer then to a phosphate reactor and to the return pump, I rotate at least 26,000 gallons of water daily.

Back