Taking the first steps....

Hello again I made this thread what seams like and age ago, however now i have made a lot of progress!

I have now got my tank and have it all set up and cycling! Trying to post some picture of my progress so far.

Now the ive got a few weeks to trying figure out what fish i want, could anyone give me any suggestions?

its a 5ft tank and about 420litres including the sump.

sorry the pictures are not great quality, only from my phone...

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 168
I set mine up several months back. My advice to you would be wait to add anything. Although your water may be good there is an algae bloom that will take place within the first couple weeks. After that you should be safe to add stuff. I made that mistake because of the fiancee and most of those fishies died.

Also find a good fish store and only deal with one or 2 people. Sometimes too much advice is not always a good thing when it comes to tanks.

Another one that is good, is that if you are doing a mixed tank reef and fish, start with corals first and very few fish..... establish the tank then add fish you want.

i dont plan on adding any fish or corals for a minimum of 28 days and that is only if im cycled and all my water tests check out ok.

im lucky that i have a friend who is the manager of my LFS so ive had a lot of help/advice and even popped over to see my tank and make sure its all going ok. So now im just playing the waiting game and doing lots of reading!

Back