Tempting, but passed....

He definitely had quite a few spots when I first got him, mostly on the fins and around the gills...if he has any, it's definitely not as bad. He's still off-color on the bottom, as you can see. But he's probably just pissed of the water change and the fact that I pulled out HIS powerhead for cleaning.

LOL He's still hanging on ;) He didn't eat for a couple of days, but he's swimming around a lot more, and actually sleeping in the rock and sand now occassionally.

I did make a couple of mistakes....during one of the water changes, I forgot to add more rodi to the new saltwater, and it raised the salinity in the qt to 1.013 or so, up from 1.009...but he seemed ok. Then yesterday, I did an even bigger mistake of not checking my salt water and I realized the heater I put in there to warm it up had food stuck to it :( And it stayed behind, causing the ammonia to go up...and when I made the water change, my qt's ammonia level went up! Now I have nitrites and ammonia :( . I'm preparing more clean saltwater now, so I'll do another massive change later today. He seems ok though...not eating again, but it's probably cuz of the ammonia/nitrites.

Good news is, since he's swimming more, I can see him better....no white spots!

Sorry to disappoint...she didn't make it. I think she just wasn't eating enough. I would see her eat some seaweed, and in the end, she was readily accepting frozen...but she was just too skinny. I'm bummed, but definitely not getting sick fish again if I can help it.

At least the kole tang and the coral beauty are doing wonderfully in the 125g :D They've even got my foxface swimming back and forth with them.

I know :( It actually happened a couple of days ago...just didn't want to face it. I wasn't really torn up, but more disappointed in myself and wondering if I should've raised hypo sooner and gotten her into the DT sooner. But it hadn't been the recommended 30 days yet (in fact, I was going to start raising it slowly today!), then I was worried that she was so small and the other fish might bully her.

I really thought she'd make it though cuz she was timidly eating frozen :(

sorry Wonton....you did your best...i don't think you could have done anything different.....sometimes these darn fish just die...i lost one in QT recently who just refused to eat

Thanks everyone :) You guys are all very supportive! At least I made it a point not to get attached...but it still sucks cuz I was just hopeful.

Sorry to hear Wonton. Don't beat yourself up over it...You did more than anybody else would've done to try and help her.

Back