The gurgling is driving me nuts.

My CPR box was quiet. There is a slotted pipe thing that goes inside of it that kept the water level above it, so there was no noise.

Also, you don't NEED the aqualifter pump, but the aqualifter pump will automatically restart the siphon in case of a power outage. I don't know if your idea will work, but the pump is cheap (like $12 or $14), which IMO is a small price to pay to prevent a flood.

I DIY'ed my overflow and at first it gurgled like a son of a, then i added this 1" elbow with two 1/4" hole on the side and one on top and now its quieter than ever, a simple yet cost effective solution

Attachments

• overflow.jpg
    overflow.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 208
  • overflow1.jpg
    overflow1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 216
  • overflow2.jpg
    overflow2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 194
  • overflow3.jpg
    overflow3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 209
Eureka!! my first diy was quiet but now that i've done it even better its totally silent, no gurgling whatsoever!!! And the plus is that i got an aqualifter just in case!! I Diy'ed it to be more like a Durso b/c i heard those were about the best

Attachments

• overflow4.jpg
    overflow4.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 216
  • overflow5.jpg
    overflow5.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 223
http://www.aquatraders.com/overflowboxes.aspx

We use these on our non-drilled tanks. They do not come with a aqualifter but they are not too expensive.

Thanks mltm, I got my overflow box last night and set it up right away. It was quiet right out of the box. Not too bad but way quieter than my old box. Plus I don't have to worry about my fish dying. I am getting the parts to build my durso anyway tomorow. Leftovers from a friends plumbing project. Thanks for your help. I think I will get the pump for it. I guess with this system there is no way to keep the siphon going.

Back