Thinking of Going 28-34 Nano

Jenna09

Reefing newb
I am new to this whole Nano thing.

Opinions, which is better:

1. 28g Nano Cube HQI Aquarium
Now in stock the newly redesigned sleek nano cube 28g Nano Cube HQI Aquarium by JBJ. Sleek and slick is what comes to mind when viewing this aquarium tank.

for some reason its not posting my full post...here we go again.

Option 1

newly redesigned sleek nano cube 28g Nano Cube HQI Aquarium by JBJ. Sleek and slick is what comes to mind when viewing this aquarium tank.

Last edited:
AHHHHHH it wont post my post!

for some reason its not posting my full post...here we go again.

Option 2

The Red Sea MAX 130D has been developed following the experience and customer feedback gained since the launch of the original Max 130.
Designed with performance and ease of use in mind, the Max 130D contains a number of upgrades and enhanced features designed to make reef-keeping even easier than ever before.
The Max 130D combines all the technology necessary to grow and maintain a healthy reef, and gives aquarists an opportunity to focus on the joy and beauty of the hobby rather than on component selection and installation.
Enhanced features of the Red Sea MAX 130D include:
  • <LI class=style1>Increased performance protein skimmer <LI class=style1>New Surface skimmer overflow box <LI class=style1>Full 3 stage hood opening <LI class=style1>Higher PAR Lighting <LI class=style1>Deeper trim <LI class=style1>Filter water level indicator <LI class=style1>Cooling fan supplied as standard
  • Accessory Kit

OK I don't know what is going on with the posts.

The 28 Gallon Nano Cube comes with a metalhalide light.

The 34 Gallon Red Sea Nano comes with T5PC lights.

Which one is better?

I am downsizing from my current 110 gallon reef and I am wanting to have a puffer/trigger predator tank, but still keep a small reef.

All opinions are welcome.

Thanks

Jenna

dcantucson: is that with the T5PC lights?

If so you may have just made up my mind for me...I prefer the look of the RSM tank over the Nano Cube!

Jenna

That looks awesome, david.
How come we dont see more pics of that?!

It is now a FOWLR. I transferred everything to my Zero Edge when I got it, and then proceeded to kill it..... first with a tank boil and most recently a tank drain. I figured the boil didn't quite do the trick. :^:

I'd have to say that at this point the RSM was much easier to maintain and keep beautiful.

I agree that does look awesome. :bounce:

I like the look of that tank alot better than the 28 Nano Cube, it is more pleasing to the eye.

I think I am now leaning towards the RSM 130D...does $799 seem like a fair price and that doesn't include the stand...the stand is an extra $179, with tax the total will be $1185.

This hobby is soooo expensive!

Jenna

Do you not want to set up your own small tank from scratch? It won't look as smooth as the all-in-one setups do, but it will save money.

Bifferwine: I don't have the time right now to setup something from scratch unfortunately. I really want something that I can take out of the box and setup and just transfer my corals and fish into. I have too much on my plate right now with house renos, work and other pets! I had looked into getting something used but everything around here sucks.

I am trying to take the easy way out....I might say screw the stand and get my bf to make me one to save some $$$.

Jenna

But the RSM has a built in, much improved skimmer.
True, you could also buy a good nano skimmer for the JBJ and still spend less $$$ but, with tanks that small a skimmer isn't totally necessary anyway. I've never used one in my nano.

I will call and ask about the stand just to make sure...maybe I can get them to throw it in for a discount price or something.

I would love to buy online, but unfortunaley I have had little luck finding anywhere that ships to Canada and if I did by the time they added the duty, the shipping fee and converted the $ from Can to US it would probably cost a lot more...but if anyone knows of a good Canadian site send it my way!

Jenna

Back