toadstool leather

ZOOT098

Reefing newb
I have 2 toadstool leater corals that when fully opened are about 6-7" across and 6 or so inches high

one of them seems to have grown a stalk that is skinny at the bottom and fatter at the top, thus it cant support its own weight

i cut the shroom off the rock, cut the skinny part of the stalk off and tried to glue it to a bigger rock

cant get it to stick, tried superglue gel, soft coral glue, epoxy is worthless for this application

any ideas???

use fishing line and a needle just run the line through the base or the coral and tie it to a rock than in about a week when it has attatched cut the line and pull it out. gule almost never sticks to softies

As far as glue goes, I have tried them all and Locktite Super Glue Gel is by far the best. I have had luck glueing softies by applying the glue to the wet rock rubble, sticking the coral to it and holding it till the glue turns from clear to cloudy, then I continue holding the glue and dip it in the tank, pull it back out, give it about 30 seconds out of the water and then put it back in the tank. I have found that the process of moving the glued coral back and forth from air to water causes the glue to harden quickly and hold tight. Give it a try.

i went ahead and used the fishing line method
i have soft coral glue that requires the same process that justin described
but for some reason it wouldnt take
ive had luck glueing mushrooms, zoas and polyps with it though

glue doesn't work well for leathers but i usually rubberband them down or for the real soft type leathers stick toothpick thru them and place rubberband toothpic and rock.

Back