Top Off???

2008pollyanna

Reefing newb
Has anyone ever used this system from a Minneapolis company..Bulk Reef Supply.com?
This is what it looks like: Level-Loc auto top off unit for RO systems
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360146789857

We are in need of some type of top off idea or system for a 3 week vacation we will be on...am worried teen son wont be able to keep up on water top offs due to evaporation...have a big 125 plus a 55 gallon sump system now as well as our 46 bowfront and 40 sump as well as 40 coral tank...need help with ideas.....??????

Looks like that might work. You will instead have to teach your teenager how to look at that thing and make sure it's working properly, as opposed to teaching him to do top-offs manually ;)

Would you buy one of these for each of your tanks, or just the 125?
I'm still personally very nervous having my RO system plumbed directly to the tank. I just have a 5gal bucket with a cheap float valve to the sump for top off, and fill the bucket every 2 days from the RO. No coming home to an overflowed, brackish tank that way.

this is the one I have it works great go to ebay Item number: 290269650141
rtCurve.gif

I responded and then noticed it was you LOL.. Sue if you wnat I can go and check on things again, I don't mind.. Hay we need to do a movie night again Jimmy gave me a bottle of home made wine WOW GOOD STUFF!!! come and have some with me

Has anyone ever used this system from a Minneapolis company..Bulk Reef Supply.com?
This is what it looks like: Level-Loc auto top off unit for RO systems
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360146789857

We are in need of some type of top off idea or system for a 3 week vacation we will be on...am worried teen son wont be able to keep up on water top offs due to evaporation...have a big 125 plus a 55 gallon sump system now as well as our 46 bowfront and 40 sump as well as 40 coral tank...need help with ideas.....??????

I know the guy who owns that company, he lives in Jefferson City, Missouri, he's a great guy with a pretty sweet tank.

I honestly think that product is the best off the counter ATO on the market. I HIGHLY recommend that! you will not be dissapointed in the least.

http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/cultured-reef/5961-level-loc-auto-top-off.html

as you can see, it's a float valve, but has a solenoid as a backup, so you'll never have to worry about the float valve sticking, you can hook your RO/DI unit up to it and never have to worry.

A lot of my friends in KC use these, since they're the hometown product (for the most part) and I've never heard a single negative thing about them.

the best ATO out there is the tunze osmolator hands down.... though it's a little more pricey than some others.... it uses a laser level sensor ( can't be affected by snails and chaeto on it) and a controller that will only allow the pump to run for a maximum of 15 minutes..... no worries of floods.... also has a high level sensor that triggers an alarm to alert you of an impending flood..... I've been running one for 6 years now..... never had the high level alarm go off......

well anything tunze puts out has two things in common: high price, high quality.

You're right though... but seriously that level-loc is awesome...

Back