Torch Coral Panic!

DAvis

Reefer Madness
Let me start by saying, I believe all is well! BUT....last night at about 11pm just before lights out on the tank, I noticed that one of the two polyps of my torch were totally withdrawn and seemed fairly limp! The previous day I had checked nitrates, ammonia, salinity, pH and alkalinity, and all had been very good, and stable for sometime. I don't have an actual 'hardness' kit. The coral had fallen over the previous day, and I had righted it. Later it fully opened it's sprawl of up to 10"! But last night I had wondered if it was damaged, or in my haste, not washing my hands and arms first, may have contaminated it! So I did a quick 10% water change, just in case!

This morning, while not opened yes, it looked fine, and indeed is. Whew! Then I see in my Yellow Candy Cane, a maroon mushroom, nestled between! It had detached and landed there. Then I think I figured it out. It had floated around the tank and got tangled in the Torch, which would have retracted in defense or to try to eat.

Is this plausible, and who would win the battle? Mushroom, candy cane, torch? Thanks all.

Here is the Torch, waking up!

5600235131_b26ce533af_b.jpg

Hi Amber,
Yes I can, ... when I find it again! It blew into the live rock. I'm going to tie it down to a little piece when I find it. By the way, I love your signature quote, so true!
Thanks.

The torch would beat both the shroom and candy cane. Sometimes my torch has 1 head closed every now and then, I think it's fairly normal.

Thanks, It's the first time I saw that, and I had a momentary 'FREAK'
Here is the Torch tonight, seems happy! The overflow is 6" wide in the background, for scale...
5662565109_83b47730ca_b.jpg

Back