Turbo Snail Orgasm

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
I left the flow off for like 2 maybe 3 hours and came back, corals, fish and temperature look okay but the Turbos all crawled to the surface. One of them --like clock work-- every minute makes a sudden movement and then shoots quite a big spurt of milky-white fluid. His muscle grip on the glass looks like it is getting weaker and weaker. What's up with him?

I really don't think you should have to.Maybe the calm water made them think it was spawning season.What better time to fertilize eggs is when the water was calm.

LOL I dunno but if we can look back a few years I posted a question very similar to yours. The answer was that snail has a little bow chicka wow wow goin on. You will most likely skim or filter out all the babies though.

+1 Va.
My snails will do that everytime I cut the flow off in the tank.
I've also noticed that when the snails start that,every coral in the tank throws their feeder tentacles out.So I figure its free coral food.

Like this I'm guessing:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf3H-ytIFPM]YouTube - Orange Turbo Snails Spawning[/ame]

i get snail orgies in my tank quite often. One time i wish i didnt lend my brother my cam, it was 6 snails all hanging down one after the other some of them releasing the white smoke. The top snail sure wasnt having a good time i would assume. :sfish:

I think you;re fine with the cloudy water.

It surprised me how much discharge there was --it went on for quite some time. Eventually the snails all crawled on the one who was discharging.

+1 Va.
My snails will do that everytime I cut the flow off in the tank.
I've also noticed that when the snails start that,every coral in the tank throws their feeder tentacles out.So I figure its free coral food.
I knew a girl like that once! :bounce:

But on a serious note, I observed some smoke coming out of my rocks one day, thought to myself, what is burning in my tank. It never dawned on me that there could have been a snail down inside them having a "release".

Back