turning off the bubble machine?

Bertie

Reefing newb
Hi! This is my first posting on the forum.

I bought a Tunze Nano skimmer for my 29 gallon tank in December. It sits in the refugium, and the circulation pump comes after it in the flow. (I was told by Tunze that having it in the other order would lead to bubbles in the tank.) But I DO have bubbles in the tank - enough to disturb visibility, and nothing much coming into the skimmer cup. That could be because it's a new tank, only 4 months old, but I've got enough DOC to get my nitrates up to 5 to 10, despite large weekly water changes. Tunze says I ought to wait until the end of March before considering it the end of the 'break-in' period. But the bubble flow ought to be winding down, and they're just as champagne-ish as in the beginning. This is my first 'good' skimmer and I looked forward to it.

Can anyone tell me if I've done something wrong in the set-up? Or is my impeller defective. (This is the second impeller. The first WAS defective. It didn't bubble at all, and Tunze sent another by overnight shipping.

Is there a known problem with the new nano Tunze skimmers?

Hello and welcome to the site...Sounds like the skimmer is taking in some air from somewhere that is probably contributing to the micro bubbles. Or else there is air bubbles being generated from the overflow, that are making their way to the skimmer.

Back