Two Questions

Waddi

Shenanigans?
First, i fragged a Green mushroom and a Ricordea for someone, and have attached it to a rock with string, how long till it attaches itself so i can take the string off?

Secondally, i cannot reach the mat of the Zoas im trying to frag, so can i cut the lowest possible down its stork? Or should i not risk it?

It depends on that ric....ive never rubberbanded anything or string. but they can take a while. Id put it in low flow....remember they are going to do what they want. Mine is attached to the smallest piece of rubble and wont let go. *bangs head*

I wouldnt cut the stalk if it was me. Id use bone cutters to try and cut the rock or chizzle. You dont want to hurt/kill your coral so best advise would be to leave it alone if you cant frag it properly. Trust me....ive cut alot of zoa's and am learning the hard way.

Yea the Ric wont even stay on with the string!! Argghhhhh!
But i did cut a mat of zoas, but they are only small, and they havent opened their heads yet, and i glued them, the glue didnt touch the heads, but could it still prevent them opening??

For the ric, the best way is to use a piece of plastic mesh bag, Like what oranges come in, to wrap aroung a piece of rock. I could take up to a week for it to attach...

Another good way to attach mushrooms is to put them in their own container (like a specimen container hanging on the edge) with no current, and just lay them on a piece of live rock inside that untill they attach.

Back