ughhhhh

Unfortunately if you have algae before you install the scrubber, it takes a month or two to make a dent in it. Just keep up with your water changes and maintaining your scrubber, I still have a few nuisance patches that are driving me nuts.

Sure, depending on the amount of algae you have and if you have herbivore fish...but the alternative is more algae.:D

If you could say to yourself, I'm going to install this thing. In less than a month my algae is going to stop growing, and shortly after that I'll never have algae in my tank would you do it?

Of course you would.

wow, that looks hard to make,how diffrent is this diffrent from a refugium????
and how does it take the place of a skimer just wondering.. thanx :)

Sure, depending on the amount of algae you have and if you have herbivore fish...but the alternative is more algae.:D

If you could say to yourself, I'm going to install this thing. In less than a month my algae is going to stop growing, and shortly after that I'll never have algae in my tank would you do it?

Of course you would.

Oh I've already installed one. Just waiting for these last few patches to go away. The biggest change I've seen is in coral coloration. They're much more vibrant and happier it seems.

Its not hard to make. I did buy the SM100 only cause I did not have time to make one. I like the premade one cause it sits nicely on my sump but it is not cheap. You can make one in a day that work just as well.

PRC I am with you on this... I have never had a skimmer and again I am not trashing skimmers Im just saying that the scrubber removes the waste and leaves the food for your coral. Where the skimmer removes everything.

Last edited:
ok thank u everyone, i will take the time to read the thread now, culd i put one on my 20 u think, i am not that experienced in plumbing anything to do with aquariums yet??

ok i just read it, i want to make one, except i am still not shure how, or where it would go. but i dffnetly want one on my seahorse tank, and i want one on my 80 gallon too. what is the next step, i can tell that i will have a really hard time doing this :(

Back