upgrade

hi been a while since i been on ..... just bought myself a 5ft marine setup tank full is 450 ltrs comes with a deltec skimmer, arcadia x4 bulb t5 lighting unit, aqua one external canister filter x2 and x2 adjustable flow wave makers i currently have filled it with water salinity is 1.025 and water temp is averaging 24 to 26 degrees c, i have placed approx 25 kgs of living rock out my 220ltr tank and mixed half the living sand in with the coral sand i purchased for the new setup tank been running now almost a week ...... just would like to hear a few peoples advice on the best way to introduce my fish into the tank and how long should i wait fish i have waiting to go in are pair of tank bread clowns, regal tang, sailfin tang, blue cheek goby,x5 yellow tail damsels x2 firefish a citrus goby and a brissle filefish x2 blood shrimps and x2 peppermint shrimps and i dont want to loose any !!!!! would be grateful of any advice thanks
Barry !!!!!:D

just drip acclimate like you normally would when you bring a new fish or coral home.

however, that is waaaay too many fish for the tank you currently have and will be a totally stocked tank for the one you have upgraded to.

soory what i ment to say was how long should i wait until i put the fish in since now the rock and tank has been running a week !!!

have you noticed any spike in ammonia? If not I would start moving over a few fish every week, leaving the damsels for last. Move the most docile fish over first.

cool well i was planning to start water testing tomorrow for the next week just to be safe the introduce all my inverts and feather dusters and my few small rocks with polyps on and leave them for a few days and then maybe if water is good try and put a few fish over and maybe spread it out over 2 weeks just its my first time upgrading because i got the other tank all ready setup and just so dont want to loose any thing !!

well just done water test and every thing looking good so will test every day for the next few days and keep close eye on things !!!

Back