Ut oh what did i do? Vid..inside

Well i shouldnt have but i did. He seems to be doing fine. I turned the light off on him after 20 minutes. Gunna see what happens....i still have to add a few more pieces of LR. Guess i should go but some of those big plastic tongs...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnCzsjnU5Wo]YouTube - My new mantis shrimp "el guapo"[/ame]

At least 4 inches....I'm waiting on a true I.D on him on a stomatopod forum. Just hopin nothin goes wrong lol. Although he was an impulse buy. Couldn't pass up the 50% off.

One quick question I bought a yellow tail damsel that I didn't get a good look at when I was at the store. I got him home an he looks like shit. He might have ich. Can a mantis get effected by ich? I haven't put the damsel in yet because I don't wanna mess with the mantis

Thanks biff. Well yea I figured I'd throw in a few targets for em. I put in 3 Small hermits. A turbo snail and I guess I'll acclimate this funky damsel now...I shoulda watched her bag it. That was my bad...

nice looking mantis, im jealous ive wanted one for a bit but i dont think i got room for more tanks lol

Thanks biff. Well yea I figured I'd throw in a few targets for em. I put in 3 Small hermits. A turbo snail and I guess I'll acclimate this funky damsel now...I shoulda watched her bag it. That was my bad...

He won't necessarily go for the damsel or he may try a few times. A lot of mantis live with fish. They may take a swipe every now and then but usually the fish are too quick

Those the THE coolest animals we can keep.
I had one in my 125 for over a year.I never did see him go after a fish.He'd flare up and take a defensive stance when the fish got close,but would zip across the tank and hide if the fish got to close.But crabs and shrimp were a different story.They'd become supper.:D

Now Yote. I was totally under the impression you were a mantis hater

At one time,I was.:D Then I started watching them at the store and seeing how they reacted to the fish and stuff.Then the last one I had hitch hike in,I just left him alone and watched him.:D

Their right up there with octopus when it comes to learning new things and reactions.I've seen them dodge and evade every trap that was tryed.Gotta love a challange.:D

I LOVE HIM!!! He's doing fine. He musta ate a hermit last night...ill leave one pic here but ill leave the rest to my mantis thread.

36fba6b9.jpg

Back