Weird or not?

jahel318

Reefing newb
Ok so I've had my flame angel for 2 months. The other day I found it laying on the sand bed pale as the sand and breathing rapidly. I was 99% sure it was about to die. I usually scoop out any fish immediately that appears to be dying but this time I had some other things to do so I waited until later. When I went back to the tank, I couldn't find the angel. I stared for about 5 minutes and out of nowhere the angel was swimming around healthy and as brightly colored as the first day I bought her. Anyone ever experience that with any fish? All my parameters were normal to begin with .

Maybe it was in sleep mode? I always find my chromis along the sandbed, pale and breathing rapidly (probably from the shock of me shining a light on them suddenly lol). Most fish go pale and almost dead-like when in sleep mode. I know blue hippos wedge themselves under rocks sideways when they sleep.

Who knows, then...as long as he's eating and swimming fine now, might have just been one of those momentary things.

Back