Wesley's 10 Gallon Larvae Tank

nah. i haven't seen any breeders around at all. I'm actually thinking if it even worth it to create a post for it.

yea. Clown fish actually is one of the easiest one to breed, but for the first timers, it is still quite challenging. There are just so many things involved. Since the larvae are so delicate, one tiny wrong move among 10 different things and they would all die.

Since I tried pretty much all different ways of raising larvae that have ever mentioned on the internet and on different books, I wonder if I should cover the "right/proper" way to do it or the way that works, yet doesn't take as much time. Maybe both. idk. When I'm actually writing the post, I guess I'll find out. lol

I'm good now. I'm more of an expert in the area as well. I have helped a few people in my area on setting things up for clown bleeding. One person even come to my place every few days to check out my new "inventions" that can make fish bleeding even easier. lol

That's why I've mention that if I were to write about it, if I should write about the "right/proper" way, or the way that actually works and doesn't take as much time.

It is way more than just "10 Gallon" build thread now.

The Rotifer culture
IMG_3063-Rotifer.jpg

Three different strains of Phytoplankton, and brine shimp
IMG_3064-Phyto.jpg

One of the Breeding Stations
IMG_3069-Station.jpg

The Back Side (if you are into that kind of things :mrgreen:)
IMG_3088-StationBack.jpg

The "Green Water" that has some few days old larvae in it
IMG_3084-LarvaeTank.jpg

A cluster of babies that thought I was about to feed them. These are about 1 month old.
IMG_3076-Fish.jpg

These are 2 weeks old: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkmvc4LCcXw]YouTube - Baby Clown Fish‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:
Omg, that looks sooo rewarding!!!!!!! :Cheers::Cheers::Cheers:

I think making a user-created article would be a great idea!

Yea, it's not as much money as you think they would offer, but it's certainly a big motivation for me to try to automate the process and minimize the actual time I need to spend on it.

My pair of clown fish spawn a few hundred eggs exactly every 11 days. I got really overwhelmed after the 3rd batch. That's why I set up "stations" and "inventing" things to automate stuff so that I don't have to spend more than an hour of my time for all of the larvae tanks, baby fish tanks, phytoplankton culture, rotifer, baby brine shrimps, decap the shrimp eggs, prepare replacement water for plankton/rotifer, tank water change, larvae tank cleaning, etc. Wow! See that list? I simply just type it out off the top of my head, and it's already handful. :D

Last edited:
Yay!! These are 50 days old :happybday :mrgreen: (1 year is too far away. :D Let's make this the fish year.)

Avator-Fish720.jpg

Indeed! I smile everytime I look at the big cluster of them. All tiny little face looking at you and following you inside the tank begging for food.

Aw the video was totally awesome. Im impressed, I would so not have the dedication for that

Thank you! yea, the works need to be done are very overwhelming at first. A lot more so than any hobbies I've been. I had to literally spending hours and hours in the fish room while studying and learning what I had to do to keep them from dying.

Now that I got better, I still spend like an hour or so there on each meal. Partly they are just so cute! I can't stop feeding them. :D

Back