Wesley's 125

Damn carpenter just assuming people are gonna just come in and save the day for him:mrgreen:

The one thing that all us construction workers can all complain about is the architect!!! :mrgreen:

...I hate interior designers..."Do you think there is any way you could change those 20 recess lights to suspension cabling?" and of course they don't ask questions like that till the whole place is drywalled, painted, and furnished. Actually one that really pissed me off was on a 1920's restore I was doing, in the Foyer (fancy word :mrgreen: ) there was this BAD ASS antique hand made chandelier in it's original antique bronze...the interior designer came in and wanted us to take it down so the could dip it in brass :pissed: :frustrat: Forget that it would look ugly since the whole room was dark stained wood panelling and stained glass, but you know I was going to have re-wire the whole thing, plus run new wiring to that box AFTER THE ARCHED PLASTER CEILING WAS JUST COMPLETED...I definitely could do without interior designers

Damn carpenter just assuming people are gonna just come in and save the day for him:mrgreen:

The one thing that all us construction workers can all complain about is the architect!!! :mrgreen:

Gotta throw those damn engineers in there to.Ever tryed explaning to one why a 5ft joint of 60/60 duct wont fit in 50/50 concrete chase? It aint purdy.:frustrat:

HAHAHA
We did a job a couple of weeks ago where the architect had the 3-phase panel going right behind a 7-ton air handler.
Same job.
The prints called for 32/24 duct hung tight against the bar joists.Guess where the ceiling tile hit.There was 12" of duct BELOW the tile.

ya definitely something about architects where they don't think of what's going INSIDE the building..."cool, you drew a framed structure...where's everything else supposed to go?"

This is hilarious! Well to those in the construction field. I think it is safe to say that we hijacked this thread. I couldn't agree with you guys more. I don't understand how some of these architects expect jobs to come in under budget with the deplorable plans that they put out for bid. ANd that goes for engineers and interior designers as well. They should try installing some of the crap they draw up. Ridiculous!

Thanks for the laugh :) !

Got some time today to suck out more sand from the existing 72g tank. Washed them real good and put into the new tank. Added a few LR to help seed the tank as well. A few other ugly LR was added to the sump a week ago. It's almost ready for live stock. Light cycle will start tomorrow and hope to grow a bit of algae for the snail and the algae blenny.

TankAddSand.jpg

The water pressure from the Quiet One 14000 is insane. So hard to use the ball valve to control the flow for things. Added a gate valve to slow the split down.

Also changed the water-out part of the skimmer with a gate valve. No more water sipping out and easier to control the skimming level.

Finally drilled my first tank today. It's a 20g and went quite well. It was already dark out and didn't take a picture of the process. See the picture, it's on the left. The one at the lower is drilled and will be an algae scrubber. I'll drill the top one tomorrow. The water overflow will get there first and I could add an in-sump skimmer if needed. I could also use that as a refugium.

Oh, I need to cut a couple of plywood for the two 20g tanks as well. I just put the tanks there to take the picture. lol

SumpSetup2.jpg

Last edited:
hahaha. yea. Every time I walk in there and I'm so glad that I chose to go this routine. It's really nice to have an entire room to work with instead of just the few feet of space in the tank stand. :D

hehe. It was a garage stuffed with junk before. My wife was actually happy that I "cleaned" it up so that we can at least walk into it. :D

Back to the update. It has been a frustration day. None of the new pipings I did worked. I keep forgetting the power of 3000gph overflow mixing with air. I piped the overflow directly into a 20 gallon DIY sump that is going to be an algae scrubber. The water coming out of the pipe is like a storm drain during a hurricane hit. Water exploded everywhere. Not to mention it filled up the sump in mere seconds before the drilled hole can drain it fast enough.

I also hard piped the water-out of the external skimmer into the same sump, but I forgot about the siphon effect. The hard pipe was too smooth and causing it to suck the water out from the skimmer every couple of seconds. Another set of failed pipe!!

I like how you got the equipment room set up.Looks good.
and for the failed plumbing.They say that practice makes perfect:D

I started my own ISP business 20 years ago in my NYC apt and I used those shelving bracket to put computer towers on them. The steel computer case and servers were a lot more heavier than those today. Each of those leg can hold 100 lb easily. I used to do pull up on them to make sure the anchors to the wall were strong enough. :)

This is an earlier picture of my living room. Later on, I ended up filling two entire wall with servers.

me-livingroom.jpg

Last edited:
Back