Wesley's 125

Plumbing and electrical are the same thing really when you think about it, it's all about current control: instead of valve's, we use switches, instead of copper pipe, we use copper wire, instead of snakes, we use fish tape, instead of spending all day stooped over a rank ass toilet showin' our butt crack to the world, we stand upright or use a ladder and get a crack at the wife after the mailman and cable guy are done with her...That's why I do TV/Telephone cabling & electrical :lol:

Wes,I thought you was a sparkie,I didnt know you was a plumber to:D
Looks good and should do the trick.

hehe. Thank you! I did at least 5 revisiosn on the piping on my current 72g tank. I learn a lot in the process. Getting a little better at it. :)

Yea, I think so, cause the only part that's glued in are those in this picture:

fish-scrub-tube2.jpg

I can just unplug the rest of the parts and you can put it back together once you get it.

Plumbing and electrical are the same thing really when you think about it, it's all about current control: instead of valve's, we use switches, instead of copper pipe, we use copper wire, instead of snakes, we use fish tape, instead of spending all day stooped over a rank ass toilet showin' our butt crack to the world, we stand upright or use a ladder and get a crack at the wife after the mailman and cable guy are done with her...That's why I do TV/Telephone cabling & electrical :lol:

Dont forget that if a plumber forgets to tighten a fitting, the house flood... If an electrician forgets to tighten a wire, the house burns:shock:
Oh:pooh: thats not a good thing

And as a carpenter, I got to complain about all of you!

Nice job wes. I just helped a friend set up a 125. What a PITA! Looking good so far. And one trick I learned regarding installing the doors (I see they are already installed but anyway) is using magnets or velcro to attach them. No hardware to install, nice clean look, and you can get them completely out of the way to utilize that awesome stand design. Just a thought.

Hmm.. magnets. Never thought of that. How does the magnets get on the door? I can't visualize how it can be done easily.

Drill a small hole into each corner of the door the depth of the magnet and glue one in each corner? Then match them up to the stand and do the same thing.

magnets work great and are hidden. go to the local hardwared store and they can show you. themagnet attaches to the actual cabinate and a small metal plate attaches to the door and when you close the door it holds it shut we had them on our 90 cuz the custom stand that it had the doors wouldnt stay shut so we attached magnets and from then on no problem with the doors being open

drill a hole into the wood, and then glue a magnet into each part, just pay attention to the "north's" and "south's" so that they will be pulling when you put the door on, rather than trying to push the door off.

damn you BJ!

but we were talking about the exact same thing, so i cant get too mad at ya, apparently your mind was on the same path that mine was.

heh. Nice. I gotta try that next time.

By the way, things are getting in place and almost moving time. Got some salt water mixed last night and I'm going to have it mixed with my current tank's water and put into the new tank. Maybe put in a few LR and let it sit for a few days to make sure all the water parameter looks good.

Right on. Thanks for explaining everything for me guys. +1 everybody. Velcro werks well too when attached to the wood with the appropriate fasteners.

Back