Wesley's 125

Back then, "most people's" average NYC apt electric bill was about $30-$60 or $100 during the summer. Mine was about $300-$400 a month during my business peak. When I ran out of room in the living room, I had enough business to afford to rent a real colocation place to host all the servers at one of those big data center.

Last edited:
Back then, "most people's" average NYC apt electric bill was about $30-$60 or $100 during the summer. Mine was about $300-$400 a month during my business peak. When I ran out of room in the living room, I had enough business to afford to rent a real colocation place to host all the servers at one of those big data center.

If anyone ever have a chance to visit one of those data centers, do it. Very very interesting. I spent all last summer working in one that was expanding their floor. Had to bring more power from the switch gear up to the 7th floor. I was just drooling at the amount of hard drive space they had. Each server had atleast 10 TB of space. And there were probably 10 servers in each server tower. Wish I had pics but they didnt allow cameras. It was more of a hastle getting in that building than getting in the federal reserve building that I was working in previously!!!

Brian

Got a new toy today. Ordered it for over a month and the vendor finally got it in stock.

Apex1.jpg

I got it at jjsreef for $450, but supposing, for that price, it doesn't include the pH and ORP probes. Since they had an error showing it in stock over a month ago, the owner gave me the probes for free.

I believe it is still out of stock in most places.

It got some pretty nice web interface to program everything for the unit. Got build in graph as well. Pretty neat.

Apex1Gfx.jpg

Thats a nice piece of equipment Wes.I was gonna pre-order one of those,but couldnt pass up the deal I got on my RK Lite.

David your tank will thank you for adding a controller like that.They make life a whole lot easier.

So far, after a few days of usage, the most apparent feature I could use is the temperature detection to control things. Right now, the tank is still empty and doesn't have a chiller. For testing purpose, I've already program it to shutdown half of the 4 Actinic PC and 1 or 2 of the 3 HQI when it gets too hot. Two days ago the tank hit 86F and it did shut down the 2 of the HQI gradually. It sent me emails letting me know about them as well. Very neat!

You can put in as many "IF" statement in there as you want. Let's say your temperature is higher than 88, you may want to shut down all the lights.

Last night it got quite cool in my area and it shut down the cooling fans on my sump downstairs. Got an email telling me about it. Good stuff! :D

When I have the chiller and heaters connected, I'm sure they will be in those "IF" statement as well. :)

Last edited:
tank size doesn't matter. It's a toy that everyone should have. :mrgreen:

Oh, a few other things that other people may be interested is that it has build in sunrise/sunet and lunar cycle information. You can turn on the lights and the moonlight according to each cycle. You can also put in adjustment on each as well.

It can also detect pH and ORP to control of CO2 injector and Ozone. I don't think I'll use them though.

Oh, i almost forgot the most important reason I got this Apex controller. That's the iPhone App!! I completely forgot about it until I saw the other iPhone App thread.

Check it out, all parameters at a glance. I can also control all the devices on the tank, iPhone style! :mrgreen:

Apex2iPhone1.jpg

Apex2iPhone2.jpg

thats awesome! I love mine, makes life so much easier. Mine will even call my cell phone if something is wrong, then I can send it info to turn things on and off.

Yea, love the email thing. I just need to buy a 3rd party water detection thing to connect to this controller for my external skimmer and it'll be complete. The damn thing love to cause flooding.

Back