Wesley's 125

That's better :lol:

...message sent at 4:57pacific time :mrgreen:

youve been drilling all day and are going to suprise us soon with an update........i can sense this from the subtle excitement coming from the fish in the tank cam........or maybe i need more sleep :shock:

lol.

I was working on the plumbing downstairs today. Once I got that finish, did a loop test and found a few leaks. This is the first time I mixed in some of those fancy drain pipes instead of the standard PVC fittings. Those drain pipes don't melt and bind like the regular PVC. They don't cure as fast and it needs a lot more of those cement paste to get them stick together. Not easy to work with. The few leaks are all at those joins. Gotta fix them tomorrow.

Oh, also went to Home Depot to buy some wood for the doors and some very simple trimming for the front. Still gotta paint them first though.

lol.

I was working on the plumbing downstairs today. Once I got that finish, did a loop test and found a few leaks. This is the first time I mixed in some of those fancy drain pipes instead of the standard PVC fittings. Those drain pipes don't melt and bind like the regular PVC. They don't cure as fast and it needs a lot more of those cement paste to get them stick together. Not easy to work with. The few leaks are all at those joins. Gotta fix them tomorrow.

Oh, also went to Home Depot to buy some wood for the doors and some very simple trimming for the front. Still gotta paint them first though.

thanx for the update! simple trim is the way to go.

Keep em comin :D

lol. yea, bjohnason got it. I felt like being hit by a truck every morning.

I did went to a local hardware store to get some union and some other parts to replace the leaky joins. Gotta cut them out and had to measure it to the exact length. It's even more time consuming than installing them from scratch.

Just did another loop test and a thread join is still leaking even I applied a thicker Teflon tapes to it. Gotta take it out tomorrow and see what I can do about it...

I meant to paint the doors... well, the wood that suppose to be doors, today. But fixing the plumbing took way too long. My wife and my daughter is coming back from vacation. Gotta do a big clean up tomorrow. lol

Wes,Hows the back feelin today? :mrgreen:
I'd about run vinyl tubing over the PVC since your going down stairs with it.The fewer joints,the fewer places that can leak.

hehe. Still whole body is aching.

I would certainly want as few joins as possible, but I have no way around it. Can't move the tank to the right since that's where my TV system there. Can't move it to the left because of my window. And on the right overflow straight down, there is a window downstairs. And on the left overflow straight down, there is a main support beam for the house. Just my luck, i tell you.

Anyway, got my 72" 150Wx3 + 96Wx4 fixture today. Guess what I did to it before I even turn it on or hang it up? :D

LightMod1Opened.jpg

Or these:

LightMod5Back.jpg
LightMod5Front.jpg

LightMod5L.jpg
LightMod5R.jpg

More gradual lights on and lights off or even semi-sunrise sunset from left to right. How cool is that. :D

Last edited:
Back