What can I keep under 2.4w/gal

runningrandy04

Reefing newb
Hey guys, I want to get some shaving brush to put in my DT. Would I be able to keep that under the 17w florescent i have now? Note I have a 20L so its only 11in deep. If not, I've been shopping around for new lights. Would I be able to keep any corals under the 30in Current USA Nova Extreme 2x24 watt t5 HO lights. Then I would be able to use these on my refugium when I upgrade.

Thanks, but I plan on upgrading to a 75 gal in the fall and don't want to spend a lot on hardware for this tank. Thats why I wanted to get the 48w light. I could use it for my refugium when I upgrade. As to my question, what could I keep under 2.4w/gal and can I keep shaving brush under my 17w florescent?

Sweet, I think I'll get the 48w light then but in the mean time can I keep the shaving brush under the 17w light? Any suggestions of softies that I can get when I get the 48w.

The shaving brush should be okay even under the 17 watter.

You can try zoanthids,palythoas,leathers(toadstool,devil's hand etc),capnella(kenya tree),cladiella(colt),clavularia(clove,glove),green star polyps.There's to many softies to list.I would place the mushrooms,zoas and other small softies low.Leathers,colts up on the rocks.

Back