What have you done to your reef tank today?

Turned on the lights - fed the fish. Thats about all the attention they're gonna get today. I'm moving the tanks tomorrow.

I gave it a well deserved cleanin lastnight, wow she is sparkleing today. (Pats self on back):mrgreen:. Am currently waiting for A powder brown and a powder blue to go thru Qt so i can add my last 2 fish to my display tank. :bowdown:

I just finished my "FSWCT" - Full Spectrum Water Chemistry Tests :mrgreen:

Cleaned the tank glass

Topped off with fresh RO/DI and fed everybody.

:bounce:

I sat back and looked at stuff. I found a few baby polyps I never saw before. I taunted a damsel with the feeding cup that was empty. And last but not least added another light to the sump to grow cheato faster.

did a 10 gallon water change. Hooked up my RODI filter again, remembered I forgot to tape the threads and will have to re-do it tomorrow. Cleaned skimmer, took a toothbrush to some rocks with algae on it while i was doing the WC. Sat here and stared at it most of the day :)

Thought I'd bump this up, seeing as how I just did a water change :mrgreen:

I'm such a doofus when I calculate my water change. I wanted to do a 15-20% change, so I've got a 125g, so I calculated based off that...you know where I'm getting at? I forgot to account for the extra gallons of my sump! LOL My total gallons is actually more around 185g. So ends up being just under 10%. Oh well. I couldn't have done a bigger one anyway. I ran out of salt. Gotta pick up another bucket.

Even though I've got the chaeto in the fuge and recently added Biff's chaeto in the sump, I'd like to at least get my nitrates below 20ppm. I was even doing wishful thinking hoping that my test kit was bad so I bought a new nitrate test, and same result. Bah.

Cleaned out my fuge, too. Was getting covered with algae.

recently added Biff's chaeto in the sump, I'd like to at least get my nitrates below 20ppm. I was even doing wishful thinking hoping that my test kit was bad so I bought a new nitrate test, and same result. Bah.

I came home last night to a mess in my tank. However my Nitrates are down to 10. Today I dosed magnesium, and bio-fuel. The bio-fuel is supposed to bring down the nitrates as well. I figured I'd try anything at this point.

What is bio fuel? I'm not that desperate yet :) I'm fowlr, so not overly concerned w/ my trates, but it'd be nice if I got it down. I have the lights on 24/7 for my chaeto balls.

Bringing it back..................................

I am currently soaking my Tunze powerheads, and up-grading the pucks to 3200 GPH on them. Getting things cleaned up in tank, and setting up the frag tanks for the new arrivals after the weekend........................................Reef A Palooza, here I come baby. :bounce::^::bounce::^:

I finally finished running and cleaning up the power cords under the tank today. Did a 10g water change and I'm setting up my new 20g water change area next to the tank.

Switched out a 10K & blue actinic light from an old (2 mo old) fixture, topped off my ATO bucket, fed the fish and cleaned salt creep off fixture.

Hmm let's see....last night I did a 15% water change. Wiped off the glass hood. Moved around the powerheads a but for better flow direction. Found yet another baby Kenya tree, trying to attach it to some rubble now, looks like I have another baby Kenya on the way ughh. Fish credit here I come! Lol fed my little baby Anemone some krill for the first time and he loooved it. Fed the rest of the corals. And last I day dreamed about what fish I'm getting next. Maybe a longnose hawkfish to replace the one that jumped out. Anddd maybe a starry blenny? So far today I turned the light on and fed the fish. Made sure my new nem is doing good.

Back