Whats the Difference

Rellikdloc

Zoanthid Crazy
I was looking at liveaquaria.com and their Ocellaris Clownfish, Tank Bred, and they are

11.99$, at my LFS they are around 45$. i dont know what to think lol. Jw why? b/c i

will def. buy the 11.99 b4 the 45.

You will get charged shipping if you order online (some sites offer free shipping if you spend a minimum amount). The shipping is usually around $30+. So if you are buying one fish, you will end up spending the same.

There's also the plus that if you buy it from your LFS, you get to pick out the fish you want, and you can make sure that it is eating and looks healthy.

Well i was thinking when i do decide to buy, i will get 2 clowns and 4 turbo snails.

I would save like 40$ or more thru liveaquaria. Since they would be the 1st fish

and inverts in my tank, do you think that i would be over loading it? (28g

nanocube)

I think that would be a great choice to start your tank off. I don't think it would be overloading it. Good job going for the tank bred fish too. Responsible!

Liveaquaria is one of the best places to buy livestock. I have never been disappointed. I think overall they are extremely reliable and do offer a guarantee which is hassle free and better than most LFS.

45$ holy crap,clowns around my way are only like 9$.For the most part the prices on live aqauria are exactly the same as what i pay at the store.You need to find a new LFS.

I have never seen Ocellaris Clownfish that have gone for more than 25 even if they were tank bred. Are you sure they arent some "premium" clown like the mis barred?

I know that LFS all are different, so maybe your local area has a high price on fish than around here, but just wanted to point that out.

If they are normal Ocellaris, then I would definantly go with liveaquaria.

45$ holy crap,clowns around my way are only like 9$.For the most part the prices on live aqauria are exactly the same as what i pay at the store.You need to find a new LFS.

Not necessarily, it depends on the specific type of Clown. Clarkiis are cheap $10-$20, Platinums can be over $200 each. There are ALOT of different clowns out there.

That's pretty good! The cheapest place around here is 5.99/lb. And that's in the aiptastia store... Everywhere else is $7-8/lb.

Misbarred are considered premium? I passed up on a misbarred black & white clown when i got my pair because i thought it just looked ghetto o_O

ok i just found out that my LR that i got from my LFS for 4.99lb is Fiji rock, but it doesnt look like some of the fiji rock ive seen around the web, its light brown and white, still good?

Is there anyway to tell if its alive or really what they say? Im goin to try and get a picture of it to see if u guys can tell.

Last edited:
Back