When it Rains, it Pours!!!

What a horrible loss! I am so sorry!

I know what it feels like to have your tank crash and loose all of your fish livestock, so I couldn't imagine how sick you must have felt when you came in and literally lost everything!!!! :frustrat:

Jenna

Is this an issue with the zero edge, the way they're set up?
Other than a leak I can't imagine how my tank could empty like that. :12:
I think i'd be on the phone to zero edge, even if it was just to rip them a new one and burn off some steam.

You're right! The tragic flaw in the design of the Zero Edge!

That's pretty bad.
In fact it pisses me off and I don't even own one. :pissedof:
How can you sell a product that has such a flaw without a backup plan??? :shock:
Do people with closed loops have this same problem?

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

I have to tell a funny story now.
After I got home last night and started to mop up the mess, I quickly decided that the mop nor the 2 gallon wet vac I owned were going to do the trick. The mop only got about 1/4 of a cup with each swipe of the floor. So I made a mad rush to Ace.

Upon entering, the Hispanic floor salesman didn't greet me or ask me if I needed help. They were clearly occupied in conversation and with just a few minutes of open time left and a flooded house I was in a panic. I waited a few seconds and then interrupted.

Could you tell me where your wet vacs are I asked?
He looked puzzled.
So I said, Could you please tell me where your wet vacs are?
(I am now feeling very panicked and was thinking don't they make these things anymore?)
He just stood there and looked at me as if I were a stupid idiot and replied Huh?
I am really getting worked up now, so I ask one more time. You know your wet/dry vacuums! Could you please tell me where they are?
With a chuckle he said, Oh, over here and lead me to them. Finally I thought. What's the problem with this guy?

So on the way through the store he explained that he thought I was asking where the "Wetbacks" were!!! We had a good laugh because he said he was going to tell me that they were everywhere. I told him I could use a couple to help with my clean up.

If you are planning a rebuild, you could make pillars to surround you return lines. Then drill a siphon break at the top of the water line. This would mean all 3 pipes would need to be at the water line. So you would need a power head or two hidden in the lower half of you tank.

Sorry for your loses.

I was extremely reluctant in posting those pictures BTW. Didn't really have the neighbor's permission (if you know what I'm saying). :mrgreen:

Last edited:
That's awful! I know it's every reefer's nightmare. You've got a whole forum of sympathizers :) Look at it this way...I'm sure you'll get some free frags and finally build a non-imaginary tank! Keep your head up!

I was extremely reluctant in posting those pictures BTW. Didn't really have the neighbor's permission (if you know what I'm saying). :mrgreen:

I have no idea what you're saying. :12:

Oh, nevermind... im slow. The whole "not really your tank" running joke. :wink:

That's awful! I know it's every reefer's nightmare. You've got a whole forum of sympathizers :) Look at it this way...I'm sure you'll get some free frags and finally build a non-imaginary tank! Keep your head up!

Yes, without a doubt.....that is terrible...really sorry David
Hard to try and do,but, try and keep your head up..good luck

I bet you anything a lot of those corals will come back. Some of them that look to be out of the water still look alive. Corals can be exposed to air for some length of time before they die... The ones you have still have a shot.

I see some of your fish made it too. It's not all bad!

Back